Friday, August 29, 2008

Creative Day

While little Miss H is having her nap (as is J), I thought I would finally sit down & play around with Smilebox. This is an on-line digital scrapbooking program. It's extremely easy as it's all drag and drop. I don't have to mess around with any of the embellishments. i just find the layouts I want & drop in the photos & add my text. I was also one of the lucky ones who was given a free one year membership. While you can try it out for free on-line, you are allowed to do more (have access to more layouts) if you have a paid subscription.

I have been meaning to try digital scrapbooking for some time & I thought the school photos from last school year would be a good time to try. I have over 250 photos pulled from my files for last year. I thought about getting them printed, but instead I'm going to try this & see how I like it. I'm still not sure how I'll get the layouts printed. I know there are many options out there but none are really cheap right yet - at least not as cheap as printing just a photo obviously. I'll share more once I figure out what I'm going to do with them!

Here is the first four pages I created - took me about 10 minutes. Our AWANA group went apple picking last fall (we do each fall). I did compress the photos to load to the web so you may not be able to read all the text. Enjoy the photos though. ;-)





1 comment:

  1. Those are awesome! I love those! :) I need to get creative again... haven't done any scrapbooking since spring. :( Need to get on that.

    ReplyDelete

Oh thank goodness! I'm not here all alone. Thanks for leaving me a comment. It helps that I'm not always talking to myself. Right? Hello?