Monday, October 6, 2008

My Day Book


For Today...
October 6, 2008

Outside my Window...
it's now a cool fall night, but it was a beautiful cool fall day too.

I am thinking...
I should be finishing up on the computer & heading off to bed.

From the learning rooms...
We did Bible & math today & then headed to the apple orchard - an annual trip. The children all had a great time having a picnic lunch and picking their little bags of apples. Then we headed home for some apple math fun & using apples to make prints. Messy but fun.

I am thankful for...
My older sister. She's a great friend.

From the kitchen...
Nothing at the moment, but I will be making a gingerbread cake tomorrow to bring to a friend who just had a baby (along with a salad & another friend is bringing dinner).

I am wearing...
my comfy jeans, favorite socks, winter crocs, a turtleneck, sweatshirt, and my favorite cardigan sweater good for hanging out at home in. Did I mention it's getting cold here?

I am reading...
Wizard's First Rule still but I'm about halfway through it.

I am hoping...
I can meet all my obligations this week.

I am creating...
newsletters for our church & homeschool group, a fall craft for our MOPS group on Wednesday & blankets still for Brady's Smiles. I have one done but about eight more I want to make.

I am hearing...
the Red Sox game on TV - hubby just got home from a late meeting.

Around the house...
a lot of winterizing projects need to be finished up. The biggest being our storage shed. Then we'll be able to really get ready for winter's cold & snow.

One of my favorite things...
pumpkin bread. I've been burning a very yummy smelling candle lately that is making me crave this. I plan to make some tomorrow.

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week...
soccer for the little boys tomorrow, MOPS on Wednesday plus a visit to my chiropractor and I hope time to get to the grocery store, AWANA on Thursday night, and a field trip on Friday to the Colby College Museum of Art for a guided tour. I'm looking forward to this as they have a collection of Medieval Art on display right now & that is the period we are studying in history. Saturday will hopefully be a day I can have a break from my wonderful kiddos to take some fall photos.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...

I took my crew & met my sister at the apple orchard with her son. The kiddos had a great time & we stopped for a photo op before leaving. Miss L is clutching an apple & didn't let go for more than hour after we got home. ;-)


Be sure to click HERE to go check out more Simple Daybooks at The Simple Woman's blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh thank goodness! I'm not here all alone. Thanks for leaving me a comment. It helps that I'm not always talking to myself. Right? Hello?