Friday, November 14, 2008

HFH: Fat Ticker Friday - a GREAT week!

Hot for the Holidays

I'm checking in first this week. Simply because my mouth dropped open this morning - literally - when I got on the scale. It was a good thing. I have finally broken a huge milestone. I lost another two pounds. This means since starting HFH I have lost 4.5 pounds BUT from my highest weight I have lost 12.5 pounds!!! I have broken through a huge plateau that has been plaguing me forever or so it seems.

What was the magic this week? I started on The South Beach Diet - loosely I should say. I'm not following it 100% although I'm wondering what those results would have looked like! This week for lunch I have mostly eaten a salad consisting of a mix of romaine lettuce and either snow pea pods or sugar peas (with pods again) plus either chicken or turkey on top. I was surprised at how yummy it all was.

I have yet to ramp up my exercise to where it should be but I'm getting in 1-2 days a week. I'm aiming for five or more.

So overall I'm very happy. In the last three weeks I have lost 4.5 pounds (I had lost three but regained them so I had to loose them all over again). There are only three weeks left in the challenge & my goal is to loose at least another three pounds.

On to the theme for the week....

I am renewing my vows - to weight loss. Here is what I posted when I first started this challenge way back in September....

  • 13 pounds gone (as in bye-bye, see ya!)
  • exercise @ least 3 times weekly - mostly by doing walk videos & outside walking with kids
  • drinking more water - anywhere between 60-80 ounces a day (which is better than the NONE I'm doing now!)
  • eating 2-3 fruits a day
  • eating 2-3 veggies a day
  • keeping my "treats" limited to only ONE per day (typically a chocolate chip granola bar)

Well, hmmm, yeah....obviously this needs some work because I have done NONE of this over the last few weeks. Unless I have an amazing three weeks, I don't expect to meet my weight loss goal. So let's set up a new set of goals for the remaining three weeks....

  • six pounds total gone (halfway there!)
  • more water - I need to let off the Diet Mt. Dew. This is becoming a hard one.
  • Exercise 3x weekly - I can do this! I just have to be more creative as to timing or haul my sorry self out of bed earlier to do it before the babies began arriving which leads to...
  • In bed no later than 10pm - asleep by 10:30 at the latest
  • Continue to increase veggies - this went well this week
  • Continue to follow South Beach
  • Follow up with the nutritionist as scheduled in December

Overall I'm happy. I'm making the most progress I ever have at this point. It's the first time I've been in the "1's" in YEARS. Now to just keep up that progress.

5 comments:

  1. You are doing awesome!
    Keep up the good work. If you stick to your plan I'm sure you'll get there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job! Keep going......

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job! I'm so happy for you! Keep up the good work. Just be careful with the holiday's sneaking up on ya. That is where everything goes downhill for me! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yayyyyyyy!!!! I'm so happy for you!! I love love love seeing numbers I haven't seen in a long long while! Congratulations to you on a wonderful week and all your progress and hard work! You should be so proud of yourself! ps. love the new bloggy look!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. YEA! You go girl. That's awesome.

    ReplyDelete

Oh thank goodness! I'm not here all alone. Thanks for leaving me a comment. It helps that I'm not always talking to myself. Right? Hello?