What was the magic this week? I started on The South Beach Diet - loosely I should say. I'm not following it 100% although I'm wondering what those results would have looked like! This week for lunch I have mostly eaten a salad consisting of a mix of romaine lettuce and either snow pea pods or sugar peas (with pods again) plus either chicken or turkey on top. I was surprised at how yummy it all was.
I have yet to ramp up my exercise to where it should be but I'm getting in 1-2 days a week. I'm aiming for five or more.
So overall I'm very happy. In the last three weeks I have lost 4.5 pounds (I had lost three but regained them so I had to loose them all over again). There are only three weeks left in the challenge & my goal is to loose at least another three pounds.
On to the theme for the week....
I am renewing my vows - to weight loss. Here is what I posted when I first started this challenge way back in September....
- 13 pounds gone (as in bye-bye, see ya!)
- exercise @ least 3 times weekly - mostly by doing walk videos & outside walking with kids
- drinking more water - anywhere between 60-80 ounces a day (which is better than the NONE I'm doing now!)
- eating 2-3 fruits a day
- eating 2-3 veggies a day
- keeping my "treats" limited to only ONE per day (typically a chocolate chip granola bar)
Well, hmmm, yeah....obviously this needs some work because I have done NONE of this over the last few weeks. Unless I have an amazing three weeks, I don't expect to meet my weight loss goal. So let's set up a new set of goals for the remaining three weeks....
- six pounds total gone (halfway there!)
- more water - I need to let off the Diet Mt. Dew. This is becoming a hard one.
- Exercise 3x weekly - I can do this! I just have to be more creative as to timing or haul my sorry self out of bed earlier to do it before the babies began arriving which leads to...
- In bed no later than 10pm - asleep by 10:30 at the latest
- Continue to increase veggies - this went well this week
- Continue to follow South Beach
- Follow up with the nutritionist as scheduled in December
Overall I'm happy. I'm making the most progress I ever have at this point. It's the first time I've been in the "1's" in YEARS. Now to just keep up that progress.