Monday, April 13, 2009

My Daybook



FOR TODAY (April 13, 2009)...

Outside my window...
the sun is out but it's been very windy today. It's been much colder than it appears.

I am thinking...
that I need to start spending less time on the computer during the day.

I am thankful for...
life.

From the learning rooms...
a rough day (motivation-wise) but the basics were covered and the outdoors enjoyed.

From the kitchen...
I'll be making a simple supper tonight - hamburgers & oven fries.

I am wearing...
carpenter jeans, comfy sweatshirts & my  Mom's old  crocs.

I am creating...
nothing at the moment.

I am going...
to be making that supper soon. My "tween" is starting to stalk me.

I am reading...
a fun series (on book #2) set in Victorian England by Lawana Blackwell. I'll put up reviews when I'm done with book #3.

I am hoping...
for health changes to continue and the habits to build.

I am hearing...
the TV playing, the dryer going, and not much else thankfully.

Around the house...
I'm enjoying the fact that spring is coming & mud season appears to be OVER! Yeah! I was able to park in my usual parking spot tonight & not have my truck sink six inches. Seriously.

One of my favorite things...
curling up on the couch with a good book & reading until I doze off. Does not happen as often as I would like it too though.

A few plans for the rest of the week:
a busy week. The dog had a vet appointment today. Baseball season has started for N so we have practices twice weekly. MOPS, AWANA, Bible Study...the usual things there. Visits with friends throughout the week too. Full but fun.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...



This is not my flower. I went to see my sister on Saturday & she has these lovely green things growing in her yard. I helped her plant some last fall. They are so pretty & even the bees think so.


Read more Simple Woman Daybooks HERE.

3 comments:

  1. Awesome picture! Yes it was beautiful here on Easter... I think it ended up being 80 out. We had a good time. :) How is baseball going? Anxious to see some pic's from this years games!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's nice to slow down and ponder the gift of life! I've been doing that a lot lately.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful picture... I love spring flowers! Thanks for sharing!
    Blessings,
    Gayly

    www.quilt-n-mama. blogspot. com

    ReplyDelete

Oh thank goodness! I'm not here all alone. Thanks for leaving me a comment. It helps that I'm not always talking to myself. Right? Hello?