Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Review: Jean Welles Worship Guitar Class: Volume 1

Photobucket

Once again the TOS Homeschool Crew members received a product I've been eying for a while. I am even already on the free newsletter list for Jean Welles Worship Guitar. I've been wanting to learn to play the guitar now for quite some time but finding an instructor in rural Maine is pretty impossible. I had even asked for a guitar as a Christmas gift from hubby a few years ago & all it's been doing since then is collecting dust. I was thrilled to learn that Volume One of Jean Welles DVD lessons would be sent to us to try out.

The Worship Guitar Class set of DVD's (four total) are geared for children 10 years old up to adult. Taking this in to account, I had B13 & I work with Volume One. I really like how it's set out. I had originally attempted to learn with a PC program and it was difficult to work with. This was so much easier. It helped to have a person talking and showing by example and we used the pause and rewind buttons judiciously.

Each volume contains seven lessons which cover 28 praise & worship songs, over 50 chords, and 20 strumming & finger-picking patterns. If you'd like to see a sample of the first lesson from Volume One click HERE and scroll down to the third video box. Each DVD contains a booklet inside with the chord charts for each song contained on the DVD. The individual DVD and lesson book sell for $29.95. There is also an option to buy all four DVD's for $99.80 or all four DVD's plus all four lesson books for $119.80. Be sure to go to the website to see the different bundle offers as well.

Jean Welles also offers a guitar course for younger children called Jean Welles Worship Guitar Class for Kids ($29.97). It is geared for children ages 5-9. You can see a sample video of that as well by clicking HERE.

Overall I have to say I really enjoy this product. My goal in learning how to play the guitar is to sing praise and worship songs. I have just recently begun singing with one of the worship teams for my church. I would really like to also get back in to playing music as well. I know that this DVD will help me realize that goal faster.


*Disclaimer: I was not paid for this review. All opinions shared are my own. TOS Crew Members are given the product free of charge in exchange for our unbiased opinion of the product.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh thank goodness! I'm not here all alone. Thanks for leaving me a comment. It helps that I'm not always talking to myself. Right? Hello?