Monday, February 1, 2010

Update: Bible in 90 Days

Bible in 90 Days promo button

You may remember that last week I was behind but I had set the goal to be caught up by today's check-in. Guess what? I AM!!!! I do still need to ready Day 32 - which is the reading for today - but to me that's caught up. In fact, as soon as I post this, I'm going to go do my reading. 

I will admit that 1 & 2 Kings and 1 & 2 Chronicles were a bit tough to get through. Not all of it, but all the lists of who was who and who did what and how many there were was hard. In fact, when I started reading 1 & 2 Chronicles I had a huge feeling of deja vu come over me. I sounded familiar - like I had already read all of this before. And apparently I had - back in 1 & 2 Kings. I even took out my regular Bible - a NIV study Bible - to read who wrote each book and why and it appears that they are similar to the gospels. They are the same stories written by different people with a different perspective. And 1 & 2 Chronicles takes out some of the sins that Solomon committed & focuses on the good he did.

These are neat things to be learning and things I would not have noticed had I not started reading through the Bible as I am doing. I am still enjoying this challenge and I have to say I'm happy I've continued. I could have become easily discouraged last week when I discovered I was about five days behind. Instead I pushed through and now I'm caught up. 

Of course, I'm also thrilled I'm caught up. I had vowed not to pick up a novel until I was caught up. In today's mail today was the second book in the series I started a few weeks ago. The really neat part about this - it's about the life of Hezekiah. While it is a fictionalized account of his life, of course, the author used the Bible as her basis for it. The first book, Gods and Kings, was EXCELLENT! That's why I'm going to stay caught up in my Bible reading, I'm dying to see what happens next! Well, I should say I know what happens next as I'm almost done reading 2 Chronicles, but the book is very engaging. 

I wanted to end with asking anyone who is doing the Bible in 90 Days reading challenge, please click HERE to take a survey. We are doing this challenge in a unique way - no face-to-face meetings. It's all occurring in the blogosphere. So the creator of the program is looking for feedback. It takes only a couple of minutes. Thanks!

1 comment:

  1. I someone missed that book by Lynn Austin...I'll have to see if our library has it! :)

    ReplyDelete

Oh thank goodness! I'm not here all alone. Thanks for leaving me a comment. It helps that I'm not always talking to myself. Right? Hello?