Monday, February 15, 2010

Update: Bible in 90 Days

Bible in 90 Days promo button

I almost feel like I'm cheating a bit, but let me explain. I'm sort of ahead of the reading or way behind - depending on how you look at it.

Last November I began a different 90-Day Bible study. It included reading the book Stepping Heavenward by Elizabeth Prentiss. As part of that study we also read through the book of Psalms and Proverbs. This study just ended Saturday & I am restarted it yesterday. That means I'm working my way through Psalms and Proverbs again.

So, if you look at the 90-Day Bible read through, I'm behind since I stopped around Psalm 12. That's when I realized I had just read all of Psalms and Proverbs already. And I'd be starting them again. 

As a result, I'm skipping ahead to Ecclesiastes. This begins tomorrow - day 47. I'll start from this point & continue forward. I know that many of the Psalms were read last November and December. However, I started over with Psalm 1 & 2 yesterday & by the time the Bible in 90-Day read through ends, I will have covered all the missing ones. 

Does that make sense?

I really am enjoying this study & I have now read more of the Bible than I ever have before. And I'm enjoying it.

1 comment:

  1. Keep it up.. it sounds as though you are doing VERY well! And I'd say that your 'cheating' is not cheating at all in this case. :)

    ReplyDelete

Oh thank goodness! I'm not here all alone. Thanks for leaving me a comment. It helps that I'm not always talking to myself. Right? Hello?