Monday, April 12, 2010

I'm Riding - Again!


Once again I am getting ready to ride in the ADA's TourdeCure. What is that you ask? It is a fundraiser for the American Diabetes Association. My MIL and I (and various friends and family members) have been doing this ride now for about five years. We typically ride the 50K ride (about 31 miles). 

The ride we like to do is held in early June on the coast of Maine. It is really beautiful and not too hilly - which is always a bonus in my book! 

I blogged about my ride in 2006, 2007, and in 2008. We did not ride last year as it didn't fit in to our schedules. I'm actually looking forward to the ride this year and I'm even going to be a "Red Shirt" rider (Trekkie fans...I KNOW but that's what they are calling us!!! Should I be worried?). A "red shirt" ride is someone who actually has diabetes and is riding the ride. This year will mark my tenth year of being a type 1 diabetic. 

I'm asking for help in meeting my fundraising goal of $300. If you'd like to help out there, you can do it all via online donating by clicking HERE. Facebook friends...I have added a link/badge/thingie in the side bar of my profile page. It should link you to my personal fundraising page. If you'd rather send me money for this another way, leave a comment and a way to contact you if your e-mail isn't part of your profile. Thanks!

1 comment:

  1. It makes me smile to hear about you doing this again this year. Way to go!

    ReplyDelete

Oh thank goodness! I'm not here all alone. Thanks for leaving me a comment. It helps that I'm not always talking to myself. Right? Hello?