Monday, May 31, 2010

Review: Cerebellum Corporation/Standard Deviants

Photobucket

In the very near future, I will have a child in high school - officially. Currently my oldest is 13 years old, soon to be 14. This homeschool year he will be in eighth grade. While I'm not panicking about the future yet (as in "how on earth am I going to school the harder subjects?!?!") it's fast approaching.

Thankfully I know that there is lots of help out there including the people over at Light Speed Video Learning who are behind Cerebellum Corporation and Standard Deviants. If you have not heard of the "Standard Deviants" you could be missing out on something in your homeschool. Seriously. It is a group of college-age adults who help break down hard topics into understandable chunks of information - while having fun with it.

I was recently sent a copy of the Light Speed Chemistry AP Exam Prep (AP=Advanced Placement) DVD. While this is well beyond what I currently need for my students, I watched about half of it in order to see how it presented. I have to say I really did enjoy it - for chemistry that is. While it was even beyond me at points, the message was presented in a succinct manner and they were very helpful in sharing tips on how to do your best on the exam.

Photobucket


The videos retails for $14.98 but are currently on sale for $11.24. There are three other titles in this series:


Each set comes with the DVD plus there is an additional CD with a digital workbook on it. This includes outlines and notes from the DVD, practice questions, games, and quizzes.

All members of the The TOS Homeschool Crew were given different videos so all topics were covered. Be sure to head over to the TOS Crew blog to read all about the various titles.



*Disclaimer: I was not paid for this review. All opinions shared are my own. TOS Crew Members are given the product free of charge in exchange for our unbiased opinion of the product.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh thank goodness! I'm not here all alone. Thanks for leaving me a comment. It helps that I'm not always talking to myself. Right? Hello?