Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Wednesday Wickedness - Lady Gaga


I keep forgetting to participate in Wednesday Wickedness. Thankfully (???) I remembered today. Lady Gaga though? Really? I think she can sing, but wow, is she strange! Well, let's give this a go.

1. "Peace. it does not mean to be in a place where there is no trouble, noise, or hard work. It means to be in the midst of those things and still be calm in your heart." Do you keep your cool no matter what is going on around you?  More often than not, no. I don't do well with the midst of chaos or crowds. Just ask hubby. Better yet, don't ask. I'm sure he could give you all kinds of examples.

2. "Some women choose to follow men, and some women choose to follow their dreams. If you're wondering which way to go, remember that your career will never wake up and tell you that it doesn't love you anymore." Do you feel that career should be more important than your love life? Nope. Your career isn't going to last forever no matter how good it is or how good you are. Your love life - especially if it is with your life partner - will last forever. It's better to work on your relationships at home than it is on anything else outside the home.


3. "You have to be unique, and different, and shine in your own way." In what way(s) do you feel that you are unique? I should share photos of my "style" from high school. I always wanted to be slightly different and unique from everyone else. And I just have to say, if this is Lady Gaga's philosophy she's nailed it! However, back to me. Since this is my blog. Unique...now a days I don't feel all that unique but I love myself all the same.


4. "I want women -- and men -- to feel empowered by a deeper and more psychotic part of themselves. The part they're always trying desperately to hide. I want that to become something that they cherish." Do you feel that there is a part of you that you need to hide from most people? Of course. Doesn't everyone? Seriously. I feel that there is a part of everyone that they hold back. Just a little. Maybe it's because we don't want to be totally vulnerable to everyone we know. 


5. "Love is like a brick. You can build a house, or you can sink a dead body."Have you ever held on to a relationship even though you truly knew it was already over? When I was younger. I may share that story some day. It was before I met my hubby. I've also had a friendship once that was not good and held on to it for far too long. 


6. "Sometimes in life you don't always feel like a winner, but that doesn't mean you're not a winner, you want to be like yourself." Would your friends say that you are a winner in this game of life? I would hope so.


7. "A glamorous life is quite different to a life of luxury. I don’t need luxury. For years, I was practically broke but I was still very vain and glamorous. And I still am." Can you tell us about a time when you were broke and yet still happy? Um, today? Seriously. My hubby & I were married while we were still in college. It is not something I would recommend for the faint of heart. We were still getting to know each other. Our first semester back as a married couple my hubby was taking 21 credit hours in the engineering program. Needless to say that didn't leave much room for a job. That meant I was taking 15 credit hours plus working 30+ hours a week to support us. We weren't happy & it was hard. However, those hard times helped shape us. It took a lot of years for us not to feel that broke and we definitely had some happy times over the years.


8. "I’m single right now and I’ve chosen to be single because I don’t have the time to get to know anybody. So it’s okay not to have sex, it’s okay to get to know people. I’m celibate. Celibacy’s fine." Do you think staying celibate between relationships important? I think staying celibate until you are married - in a life long relationship - is very important.


9. "Fight and push harder for what you believe in, you'd be surprised, you are much stronger than you think." Tell us about an incident where you were stronger than you thought you were. Every single time I gave birth.


10. "I lie in bed and try to pray and breathe. I have a very overactive mind. I’m the sort of person who’d never take medication to calm myself. It’s maddening. But I love what comes out." Do you feel that you always have the ability to calm yourself? Yes, music always works. Caffeine helps funnily enough. Chocolate is a given right?

Want to play along? Head over to....


No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh thank goodness! I'm not here all alone. Thanks for leaving me a comment. It helps that I'm not always talking to myself. Right? Hello?