Monday, July 12, 2010

Bible in 90 Days - Week 2

Bible in 90 Days- join in July 2010

Today was the start of week two of the Bible in 90 Days challenge. At this point I (drum roll please!) have completely read the first two chapters. Yeah! The only downside (in my opinion) is that I am now working my way through Leviticus. Leviticus is tough!

I was again struck by the same thing I was last time I read through Leviticus. It's a very good thing God sent Jesus to atone for our sins. Otherwise that is all we would be doing each and every day - heading to the temple to make sacrifices for our sins. God had it all laid out. He even explained how to tell when a skin disease was something to worry about and when it wasn't. It included each and every detail. I'm so thankful Jesus came and took the need for all of this away from us.

I am currently right on schedule - actually just a bit ahead. I tend not to stop half-way through a chapter but read to the end.

The verse that jumped out at me this week was this one...

"The LORD would speak to Moses face to face, 
as a man speaks with his friend."
Exodus 33:11

Wow. That really hit me. God spoke to Moses face to face as a man speak with his friend. Face to face like a friend.

I'm still very happy about having taken this challenge on again. Now to just get through the Old Testament Law books.

2 comments:

  1. I didn't know you were doing this too! This is my first time with the 90 day challenge and so far, so good.

    Just wanted to say hi!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And they couldn't approach God until that sacrifice was made. How wonderful to have that veil lifted! I'm at the same place too...starting Leviticus.

    ReplyDelete

Oh thank goodness! I'm not here all alone. Thanks for leaving me a comment. It helps that I'm not always talking to myself. Right? Hello?