Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Random Tuesday

Life has been pretty busy at The Berry Patch lately. One would think summer vacation was all about relaxing and enjoying the wonderfully warm and delightful days of summer. However, it's almost like we're trying to frantically soak up every drop of sunshine possible before winter hits. Or maybe that's just me.

This week is particularly crazy. We have our last week of swim lessons and Vacation Bible School (VBS).

The theme - obviously - is Egypt or rather "The Egypt Files: Decoding the Mystery of Life" by Answers in Genesis. My only beef with the whole thing is the time frame. It goes from 6-8:30pm. We live about 20-30 minutes away and last night we never left for home until almost 9pm! It makes for some late nights. In fact, J6 slept in until 8:30 this morning!!! Not that I'm complaining about that part!

Overall I love VBS. The kids have a blast and they learn a lot. I love the theme this year too. It's awesome. Last night they talked about evolution and how we didn't come from apes. We have littles as young as two attending so they get to hear the truth here young!

I'm the "official photographer" and last night alone I took almost 200 photos. Although, 62 of them were head shots of the kids for a craft for tonight. I spent most of the afternoon getting those processed and uploaded to be printed. I'll be dashing off here soon to go pick them up.

And to end my week? Well, I'll be attending my 20th high school reunion. I'm not sure how that happened so quick. I mean, I just graduated last year after all! And if you believe that, I have some ocean front property to sell you in Utah.

1 comment:

  1. I remember having lazy summer days when I was young.... I'm pretty sure my kids will have no recollection whatsoever of a "lazy" time (LOL)!

    ReplyDelete

Oh thank goodness! I'm not here all alone. Thanks for leaving me a comment. It helps that I'm not always talking to myself. Right? Hello?