Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Wednesday Wickedness - George Steinbrenner

 (I'm probably going to get some tomatoes thrown at me for this since I live in Red Sox territory but I'm going for it. I like to live on the edge.....)

1. "But why shouldn't I speak out? Don't you speak out in this country?" Do you speak out as often as you should? Unfortunately no. A lot of time I hold in what I'd like to say and then kick myself for doing it. Although, the older I get the less I do that.

2. "I am tough. Sometimes I'm unreasonable. I have to catch myself every once in a while." Are you ever tough and unreasonable? I don't think so but my kids and hubby may disagree with that.

3. "I haven't always done a good job, and I haven't always been successful - but I know that I have tried." Do you believe that sometimes you learn more from a failure than a success? Absolutely! Just look at any child learning to walk. How many times do they fall first? I think failure is the best teacher out there. Ask any inventor.

4. "Winning is the most important thing in my life, after breathing. Breathing first, winning next." Do you feel that you always have to win? No, but I'd be lying if I didn't say it was fun!

5. "It is unbelievable to me that the highest-paid team in baseball would start the season in such a deep funk.” Do you think money always buys greatness? Nope. Not even close. Money is the root of all evil remember? Greatness is completely character-driven. And money can't buy that either.

6. "I take my last phone call at home at about 11pm." What time is too late to call you? If it's a weeknight, 10pm, but hubby is annoyed at calls after 9pm. If it's the weekend, probably 11pm. I never call after 9pm and usually 8pm unless I know the person really well or it's extremely important. 

7. "Don't talk to me about aesthetics or tradition. Talk to me about what sells and what's good right now." Do you think tradition matters? In a lot of things, yes. I know that my kids have a sense of self and safety based on the traditions we've established in our family. 

8. "And what the American people like is to think the underdog still has a chance." Do you tend to root for the underdog? Of course! It's always great to see the underdog win.

9. "I don't think I ever could exceed my father's successes. He was a completely satisfied man, he knew what he wanted to accomplish and he accomplished it. I did do a lot, though, to try to please him." Do you ever feel that you want to exceed your parents successes? Definitely. I think that is the definition of success in many ways. While I feel my parents did the best for me that they could, I do want to exceed that for myself and my own family.

10. "I'm really 95 percent Mr. Rogers, and only 5 percent Oscar the Grouch."In terms of cartoon characters, who are you like? Ugh. I hate these type of questions. Really. I do. Hmmmm....I'm probably most like....um......either Eeyore or Piglet I think. Eeyore at times because I can get really pessimistic about life and Piglet because sometimes I let my fears rule me.


 


Head on over to Wednesday Wickedness if you want to play along.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh thank goodness! I'm not here all alone. Thanks for leaving me a comment. It helps that I'm not always talking to myself. Right? Hello?