Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Random Dozen - 10/13


Be sure to head over to 2nd Cup of Coffee to either play along or have a go at the Random Dozen yourself!

Why yes, #4 is MIA. Just go with it.........

1. Is there a word which you initially mispronounced? Were the circumstances in which you made the faux pas embarrassing? By the way, that's not "foax pass." (I know you know that. Just jokin' with ya.)  Foliage. I simply can't say it. I live in Maine. There is lots of pretty "foliage" out right now. I just say "leaves." It doesn't have quite the same ring to it though does it? Oh & embarrassing? No. I do it all the time!

2. How do you feel about the use of texting shortcuts and trends? (ex: "I've got ur notes. Get them 2 u 2morow.")  I am just starting to text and typically to just my hubby. I have a Tracfone because, well, I live in the boonies of Maine. I can only use my cell when I am out and about and, as I like to remind my relatives, it is for my convenience. I don't mind people using them as long as they don't use them in everyday speech or writing. Then it's annoying.

3. Tell me about your high school senior picture. Please feel free to post. Ah yes, my senior photos. I went with my best friend in high school. Between the two of us we brought a trunk-load of clothes and had a ton of outfit changes planned. Thankfully we were using an amateur photographer and weren't limited to how many poses we could have.  We had a blast having our photos done together. This is similar to the one I put in the yearbook.....


Then we got back the proofs. My mother didn't like any of them so she made another appointment. She brought me to the hair dresser and had my hair done the way she wanted. The photographer came to our house this time. This is the one my mother liked and had hanging on the wall at home....



5. Share a high school or college homecoming memory. I never did college homecoming. High school homecoming. Hmmm....lots of parades. I was in the marching band. I think there was a dance or two - maybe - but I don't remember there being a lot of hype about it or if there was, I never got in to it.

6. Linda at Mocha with Linda wants to know: "Do you prefer sunrises or sunsets?" Sunsets since I try very hard to never be awake for sunrises. 

7. Lea at Cici's Corner asks, "What is something you have not done that you desire to do?" Live in my own home for more than two years. Well, sort of. We currently live in a mobile home. It's paid for. No mortgage is a very good thing, but I do long for a house more and more. Other than that....I would love to travel more. My hubby & I went to England over 10 years ago for about 10 days. It was fantastic and I loved every minute of it, well, most of it anyway. 

8. Carol at Wanderings of an Elusive Mind ponders, "If you could come back [in another life] as an animal, which would it be?" I realize the point of the question, but quite honestly I'm not planning to come back once I die. I'll be rejoicing in heaven and seeing my Mom again. And I'd rather not come back as any animal given the chance. Just saying....

9. Joyce from The Other Side of the Pond is curious: "Where were you 10 years ago?" Please feel free to elaborate more than just your physical location. Okay....10 years ago would have been....2000. At that point we were living in the only house we've ever owned in a town about the same size as the one we live in now. That house was amazing. It was HUGE. It had five bedrooms and five bathrooms I kid you not. We only had B14 at the time but he was only about four at the time. I was probably pregnant with N9. I was working as a medical transcriptionist for a family practice with about six providers I think. Shortly after - as in 2001 - I will have quit my job, had a second child, sold the house we had only been living in for two years, moved to a small four room apartment and began my life as a stay-at-home-homeschooling mom. Phew! 

10. When you are proven to be correct in any contentious discussion, do you gloat? Absolutely! But I do try to do that in private. 

11. What is your favorite food which includes the ingredient "caramel?" Ooooohhhhh....I love caramel. LOVE IT! My favorite though - the one I have a really hard time resisting. That would be those wonderful Hershey Kisses with caramel in the middle. Oh yum!

12. From my 17 year-old daughter to you: "If you could be part of any fictional family, which family would you choose and why?" (She's so cute. And clever.) I'd have to go with either Little House on the Prairie or The Walton's or possibly even Anne of Green Gables. Any of those would be fun as long as I got to come home to modern life. Life seemed a lot simpler then - quieter - slower. I'd like to experience that for a time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh thank goodness! I'm not here all alone. Thanks for leaving me a comment. It helps that I'm not always talking to myself. Right? Hello?