Wednesday, November 17, 2010

2010 Gratitude Challenge - November 17



Today I am thankful for creativity. The boys & I have been attending monthly art classes. They are so fun. In fact, this time I just had to pay so I could join in for the whole class myself. I'm not sure if that will work next month or not as the class is full. They get to use pottery wheels!!

This week the class was on sculptures. I had no idea what the instructor would do but she, as always, was great with the kids. She shows them what to do and then stands back and just lets them create.

The boys (and I) made a wire sculpture. We used silver 14 gauge wire with a river rock as the base. We turned them in to "trees." I had such a great time with this!

Here is J6's version:

N9 made this one in class:

Then he came home and did this....

And in true Thanksgiving fashion, he gave it away. 

The boys had such a great time making this sculptures that we stopped at the river on the way home to gather some more rocks. Then I bought some wire (unfortunately it's a bit harder to manipulate but doable) so they could make more. B14 spent most of the afternoon secreted away in the shop making lots of them as Christmas gifts for family and friends. N9 made another one this afternoon - just like the one above - and gifted them to two brothers we are friends with. He also add a paper airplane for an extra touch. 

So today I am thankful for creativity. I'm thankful my boys enjoy crafting as much as I do. I'm thankful it relaxes me and keeps me sane in this crazy life I live.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh thank goodness! I'm not here all alone. Thanks for leaving me a comment. It helps that I'm not always talking to myself. Right? Hello?