Thursday, November 4, 2010

2010 Gratitude Challenge - November 4



Technology.

That's what I'm thankful for today. I keep remembering those first few days when I was a new stay-at-home mom with a 4-1/2 year old and a newborn. We had just set up the internet in our home (dial-up of course) and I stumbled around for a time checking things out. Then I found Yahoo Groups. Actually, it used to be something different but now I can't recall what it was called. I found one called "Christian Scrapbooking Friends" and promptly joined. Ten years later I am still friends with many of the ladies I "met" there.

In fact, one of my very good friends I met through an on-line project. We've met a few times in person and still e-mail and chat as we can. I'll save more details for another post.

I truly believe the internet has kept me a bit saner than I might have been otherwise.

1 comment:

  1. Me, too! The first few years that we homeschooled the majority of my support came through online groups because I just didn't click with the groups locally (and didn't know that they existed during our first six months!) I'm glad for my online buddies - you and all our other SHS friends!

    ReplyDelete

Oh thank goodness! I'm not here all alone. Thanks for leaving me a comment. It helps that I'm not always talking to myself. Right? Hello?