Here we are at the end of another week. And here is how I did this week. Some good and some bad.
Goals for this week were:
- OFF DMD entirely! HUGE SUCCESS! It has been so very hard! Harder than I ever imagined it would be. I did go cold turkey and I have not had any DMD since Monday night. I am now drinking tea (yes, with caffeine but minor compared to what I used to consume - no artificial sweeteners though!) and water. I start the day with hot coco since it's so cold right now.
- Bed by 11pm five out of seven nights. I think I made this. Honestly, I've been so tired now that I'm not drinking as much caffeine that I've been crashing in bed around 10pm most nights. I'm going to say I managed this one, but I didn't track it.
- Exercise 20-30 mins 4-5 days a week. (Our local elementary school has indoor walking two days a week. I am going to look in to this). Log 10 miles worth of exercise weekly. Nada. Well, I've done some strenuous housework. I'll start focusing more on it this week once I'm not so consumed with DMD cravings.
- Eat a salad 2-3 days out of the week. Success. I managed this twice this past week.
- Continue working on increasing water intake. Success. Now that I'm not drinking DMD and I'm only drinking tea and water it's gone up.
Still focusing on healthy. My goal is to be "fit by 40" and I only have a little over a year left. Time to kick it in to gear! My biggest hurdle and obstacle was the DMD. Now that I've taken that out of the equation I think a lot of the other issues will start to fall in to place.
I'm not going to post a weight this week. Simply because I'm typing this late at night (on Thursday - love scheduling posts) and my weight wasn't my focus this week. It was getting off the DMD. I'm glad I managed it. Everyone has been wonderfully supportive and I want to thank my hubby & friends for encouraging me. In fact, I saw one friend last night and she told me she put her DMD in a travel mug in order not to tempt me. Awesome friends. I told her I may have tackled her for it otherwise....kidding...I think....
Goals for next week:
- Increase water - 3-4 water bottles daily (they hold about 16 oz)
- Bed by 11pm five out of seven nights.
- Exercise 20-30 mins 4-5 days a week. (Our local elementary school has indoor walking two days a week. I am going to look in to this). Log 10 miles worth of exercise weekly.
- Eat a salad 2-3 days out of the week.
- Visit 20 "Hot" blogs this coming week and leave comments to encourage.