Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Maestro Classics

Maestro Classics

One thing that my boys love to do is listen to "CD's" while we're driving. Typically they are story CD's but they are willing to listen to just about anything. I love the fact that they are a captive audience. Many times I take this opportunity to have them listen to various history stories or other stories that complement our schooling.

As a TOS Crew member last year, I was given the chance to review Maestro Classics for the first time and loved them. This year I were given a copy of Peter and the Wolf ($16.98).

I love the way these CDs are created. Peter and the Wolf is a classic story written by Russian composer, Prokofiev, in order to introduce children to the orchestra. There are seven tracks on the CD. 



Each one teaches more about either the story, the orchestra, music, or the composer. All are fun to listen to. In fact, you can hear samples of each track right at Maestro Classics website.

We listened to this a few times while driving in the car. The last time we did it was just myself and my youngest son (J7). He took the booklet that comes with the CD (full of fun activities) and completed that while we drove. By the end he was able to identify the different instruments being played and match them to the characters. He loved it as did I.

Be sure to head over to the TOS Crew blog to see what other Crew members had to say about Maestro Classics.



Disclaimer: I was not paid for this review. All opinions shared are my own. TOS Crew Members are given the product free of charge in exchange for our unbiased opinion of the product.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Being a TOS crew member has it's advantages, huh? Fun stuff!

    Jessy
    http://oursideofthemtn.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lisa-Anne,

    Thanks for the wonderful review of our Peter and the Wolf CD this winter. I just wanted to let you know that since you reveiwed our CD we've made a Facebook page so that our fans can participate in monthly giveaways (June was Peter and the Wolf, as a matter of fact) and get coupons. We'd love to invite you and your readers to join our page and thanks again for the lovely review!

    Ruth
    Social Media Coordinator
    Maestro Classics

    ReplyDelete

Oh thank goodness! I'm not here all alone. Thanks for leaving me a comment. It helps that I'm not always talking to myself. Right? Hello?