Sunday, March 27, 2011

Book Review: Living With Confidence in a Chaotic World by Dr. David Jeremiah


Book Description:

In the New York Times bestseller What in the World Is Going On? Dr. David Jeremiah summarized ten prophetic clues that are coming true in our own generation. In light of these chaotic events, how can we continue to live a life of commitment and confidence? Looking through the lens of the same verses that speak of Christ’s return, Dr. Jeremiah now points us to the habits we must establish that will form a pattern for living with certain hope in our uncertain times. They include how to stay

  • Calm
  • Compassionate
  • Constructive
  • Challenged
  • Connected
  • Centered
  • Confident
  • Consistent
  • Committed
  • Convinced
Author Bio:
Dr. David Jeremiah is the senior pastor of Shadow Mountain Community Church in El Cajon, California. He is the author of several best-selling books, and his popular syndicated radio and television Bible-teaching program, Turning Point, is broadcast internationally. David and his wife, Donna, have four children and ten grandchildren.

My Thoughts:
Just last fall my Bible study group went through Dr. Jeremiah's "What is the World is Going On?" small group study. It was excellent. I found myself learning so much from that. For that reason, I wanted to see what he had to say in this follow-up book. I wasn't disappointed.

Just turning on the news in this day and age can cause one to wonder - What Next? How do I confident live in a world that just seems to be falling to pieces.

Dr. Jeremiah points us back to the One who is in control. The One who knows what it is to come. Having confidence in God is what will help us survive these very chaotic times. 

I found myself placing sticky-notes all through the book to mark passages. He spoke about the impact of social media....

Nearly half of all Americans, claimed the studies, had either one intimate friend or none at all. Meanwhile, virtual social networks have become all the rage. We suspect that people long for authentic community, and perhaps they're looking for love in all the wrong places. Online friendship isn't ultimately satisfying. It's possible to have three hundred "connections" on Facebook, two hundred "following" you on Twitter, and still feel as if no one really knows you at all.
Jesus' return to the earth shouldn't be scary for those who truly believe in Him. This is what we ultimate need to long for - His return. All of the things happening in the world right now just point to the fact that His return is a bit more eminent than it was a few years ago.

I really enjoyed this book. Dr. Jeremiah is an excellent teacher. I would recommend it.

I review for BookSneeze®



Disclaimer: I am not paid for this book reviews. I was given a copy of the book through Book Sneeze to read in exchange for my review. Of course, this arrangement works well for me since I love to read! I was not required to post a positive review. All opinions are my own.

1 comment:

  1. Wow this book looks fantastic. Thank you for sharing about it. It is a chaotic world right now. And hard to stay calm about it all.

    ReplyDelete

Oh thank goodness! I'm not here all alone. Thanks for leaving me a comment. It helps that I'm not always talking to myself. Right? Hello?