Friday, July 8, 2011

Five Question Friday



1. Do you think cursive writing is overrated? (Schools in Indiana have now voted to take teaching cursive writing out of their curriculum.)

Not at all. I really think schools are doing students a disservice by not teaching handwriting/penmanship whatever they want to call it. While technology has really begun to make such things seem necessary, I feel there will be many times when it will be more needed than people realize. My boys will be learning it here at home.

2. Do you still use a pocket calendar or notepad or do you keep your info on your smart phone?

If I had a smart phone, yes, it would be on there. I only use Google calendar so it's really hard to plan anything away from my computer. If I know I'll need it, I can print it. Otherwise my brain resides online!

3. What 3 things would you save if your house was burning down? (family & pets are already safe)

Photos and all albums and miscellaneous photos scattered here and there. I really need to work on digitizing as much as possible! My external hard drive as I back up most things on there. And lastly, my mom's ashes that I have in a heart on my entertainment center. 

4. Country Mouse or City Mouse, err Person?

Country mouse all the way! I have lived in a city briefly (about a year) and while I do admit to the loving the convenience of it, I much prefer the country hands down. I could see me living in an urban suburb perhaps - close but not too close - but I know I'll never be moving any time soon so it's a good thing I love the country!

5. If you could pick ANY reality show to go on, which would you pick?

It would be a toss up between Biggest Loser or American Idol. 

1 comment:

  1. I'm with you on Google calendar- don't know what I'd do without it!

    My 5QF answers are posted HERE if you'd like to take a peek!

    ReplyDelete

Oh thank goodness! I'm not here all alone. Thanks for leaving me a comment. It helps that I'm not always talking to myself. Right? Hello?