Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Walking for Water

In just a few short weeks I will be attending my first SoulFest festival and I simply cannot wait! I've had a banner for this music festival on my blog here for at least the last six months. Just look up to see it.

I'll be attending this with a good friend of mine who also loves music like I do. We'll be listening to artists such as Chris Tomlin (can't wait!), Jars of Clay, Third Day, Leeland, and a slew of others! Not that I'm excited or anything like that. Not only will the days be filled with some fantastic music, but we'll also be participating in a charity event called "Walk4Water." Instead of trying to explain what this entails, please watch this short video.



A friend and I will be walking one mile to a pond, filling a five gallon bucket with water, and then walking back. The money raised will be used to build wells and repair older ones in Northern Uganda, Africa through Blood:Water Mission.

I've realized that this is fast approaching and I have yet to do any fundraising. Please consider supporting this opportunity to help those in Africa obtain something that we take for granted here - easy access to clean water. You can click on the button below to be taken to my online sponsor page. Thanks so much!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh thank goodness! I'm not here all alone. Thanks for leaving me a comment. It helps that I'm not always talking to myself. Right? Hello?