1. What is the most useful book in your house?
The Bible. Best instruction book out there.
2. What's worse-being too hot or too cold?
Too hot. It's hard to take off layers when you are too hot but far easier to put on more when you are too cold. Of course, I am more like Goldilocks and I like it "just right."
3. Share something that made you smile this past weekend.
Just spending time with my family. My hubby has been working a lot of extra hours lately so it was great to have him home more (he took six days off total including the holiday and the weekend). Although, when the boys greeted him on Wednesday night with cans of silly string - that make me laugh out loud not just smile!
4. How do you like your hamburgers? Or don't you?
Cooked well done with salt on them and occasionally ketchup and/or mustard. Depends on my mood.
5. What's your summer beach read? If it's not summer in your part of the world then tell us what book you're reading in front of the fire while sipping hot cocoa.
I'm working my way through Francine River's "Mark of the Lion" series. I just finished book one and will start book two once I finish a review book I need to post about.
6. How was your birthday celebrated when you were a kid?
Very simply. We picked what we wanted for supper, cake, and dessert. It was just family but I have four siblings so that was still seven people total! We rarely did a party and if there were more people, it was generally family. I continue this with our boys although they can invite a friend over to spend the day and/or sleep over.
7. What's something that is totally uncool that you love anyway?
Since I'm not 12 - Disney channel teen movies. Shhhhhhhhhhhhh!
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I'm hoping that summer doesn't speed by again. However, since it's already July 6th, it looks like it's doing just that! The two younger boys start swim lessons next week plus VBS at a friend's church during the day. (I love that.) Swim lessons go for two weeks. I just found out my oldest brother and his family will be here for a couple weeks in August visiting so I'll be adjusting our school as needed. I'm hoping to take July off and get everything planned and ordered and then jump back in mid-August. We'll see!