Tuesday, October 25, 2011

{TOS Crew Review} Northstar Games: Say Anything

Photobucket

We love North Star Games around here. They are an awesome game company that has come up with some very unique ideas for games. We were recently given a copy of their "Say Anything Family" game to try out. We love playing games around here and soon had a family game night to try it out.

Photobucket


Say Anything Family is geared to ages 8 and up and for 3-6 families. Our youngest is 7-1/2 and while he needed help writing, he did very well with the game. I love that as it allows us to play together as a family.

The details:
  • The game comes with:
    • 60 question cards (360 topics!)
    • 6 dry erase pens (nice ones too!)
    • 6 dry erase boards
    • 1 SELECT-O-MATIC 6000 (love the name of this!!!)
    • 12 player tokens in six colors
    • 1 dry erase score board
    • Rule booklet
  • Each player selects a color and one person is designated the "questioner" first.
  • The questioner asks the question. 
  • Other the other players than must write down what they think the questioner would answer for that question.
  • They lay their answers out in the playing area. 
The question was "most annoying cartoon character" (or something similar)
  • If anyone has a same or similar answer, the last person to lay down must choose a different ones.
  • The questioner than chooses their favorite answer and uses the SELCT-O-MATIC 6000 to mark the color choice of their answer.
  • The other players than place their tokens on what they think the questioner will choose. Each player has two tokens and can place them as they desire.
Apparently "licking monkeys" was not the crowd favorite.
  • The questioner than reveals their choice and points are awarded to the other players based on what was chosen, who wrote it, and who had tokens on the answer. Seriously, I had to have my kids explain the point system to me. It's not confusing. It just involves numbers and I don't like numbers at all. 
The game retails for $19.99 at major retailers such as Amazon.com and Target.

I asked my kids what they thought of the game. It was an overwhelming positive response. My middle son gave it "four thumbs up!" because, as he said, he put his toes in too! It really is a fun game and the answer options are endless as they are open ended. This is definitely a game that will be staying in our game closet and we'll use for many years to come.

Be sure to head over to the TOS Homeschool Crew blog to see what my fellow Crew mates had to say about the game.

Photobucket


Want to try to win your own copy? One of my fellow Crew members accidentally had two copies sent to her for the review so she's being allowed to give away the extra one! Head over to The Homeschool Desk to enter! You have until November 1st to enter.



Disclaimer: I was not paid for this review.  All opinions shared are my own. TOS Crew Members are given the product free of charge in exchange for our unbiased opinion of the product.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh thank goodness! I'm not here all alone. Thanks for leaving me a comment. It helps that I'm not always talking to myself. Right? Hello?