Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Wednesday Hodgepodge

 

1. Have you ever played golf? Any interest in playing? Do you have a significant other who loves to play? Did you watch The Masters this past weekend?

I love golf! Well, mini-golf that is. I've never played "real" golf. My hubby plays from time to time but doesn't make a habit of it. I could find many other different things to do in a day than sit for that long and watch golf. Not very high on my priority list. 


2. Hats are back in fashion this spring...how do you feel about wearing a hat? (fyi-I'm not talking baseball caps) When was the last time you wore one?

I love hats! Seriously. I actually wear them quite often and I'm thrilled to hear they are back in fashion. I have a lot of felt berets I wear in the winter time. I just picked up a "soldier" style hat that I wear on "bad hair" days or when I workout. It's hard to find just the right one but I really do love wearing them. In fact, I wore one just last week.


3. On a scale of 1-10 with 10 meaning proficient and 1 meaning "I'd starve", how adept are you at using chopsticks?

I don't love chopsticks. My hubby is very good at using them. I always say he loves to show off. If I had to use them or starve? I would probably starve. I'd have to go with a -5. I'm that bad.


4. Has technology taken over?

Very much so. I'm not sure it's a bad thing per se, but I would like to see more people - myself included - unplug more often. It's something I'm working on.


5. In the course of a day how often do you look in a mirror?

Once or twice. Not very often. In the morning when I'm getting ready and maybe once or twice more during the day.


6. Tulip or Daffodil?

I have to go with tulips. So very pretty.


7. I am proud of myself for __________________.

...finishing the eight week gym program. I posted about my results earlier this week


8. Insert your own random thought here.


I spent a lot of time today getting the new sheep pasture ready. First I had the boys help me clean up the barn. We re-homed our rabbits late last month. We passed them along to another homesteading family who is very interested in getting into angora fiber. I'm glad they have someone who has the time and inclination to properly care for them. 


Then we headed down to the new sheep fold. They worked on cleaning out the scrap wood and trash that were inside the fold while I started working on getting the fencing up. 


I had to go around and pound in all the posts since hubby set them in December. We needed to be sure they were solid after the frost. Then I moved a bunch of brush and tree stumps out of the way as well as moving some dirt piles. Finally, I had my oldest help put up the new fence. We went through one roll before I finally took pity on my boys and let them stop for the day. I hit a corner and wasn't sure the best approach so I wanted the hubby to check it before I kept going. 


My goal is to have all the new fence up before Saturday. Saturday we are having a "sheep shearing party" and I'm hoping to move the flock to their new pasture that day. And yes, I'll have some photos of the party!

1 comment:

  1. Sheep make me think of England...I love them! I'll have to check back for your pictures. I think they have such sweet faces.

    ReplyDelete

Oh thank goodness! I'm not here all alone. Thanks for leaving me a comment. It helps that I'm not always talking to myself. Right? Hello?