Wednesday, May 9, 2012
1. What is a pet peeve you have when vacationing? Not having enough time to just enjoy. Although, the last time we took a "vacation" (in other words - somewhere other than our family's camp in the middle of nowhere) was about 14 years ago when we went to England. It was a very rushed affair as we were there with a lot of other family for a wedding. I would have loved to have had more time to just explore. Some day I'm hoping to convince my hubby to take me back. I loved what we did have time to do.
2. Would you describe yourself as a light packer or do you need everything in your closet plus the kitchen sink? I'm middle of the road. I always plan for a bit extra, but I don't take a ton.
3. What's the best lesson a child ever taught you? Be careful what you say and what you do because they are always watching. My children are the best mirrors of my behavior and I try harder to improve it all the time as a result.
4. Share one piece of advice you'd give a recent graduate as they attempt to enter the job market? Do not expect to make the most money right out of the age. Be willing to put in overtime. Be willing to do the jobs no one else wants. Work hard and show initiative. It will pay off.
5. What's your favorite lemon something? Painting. Seriously, I'm not a huge lemon fan.
6. Flat sandal, wedge, heel...your favorite footwear? Flat sandal. I had a pair I wore all the time in the summer until they literally fell apart last year. I'm on the search for a new pair that's just as comfy.
7. What do you like best about a beach holiday? If you're not a beach lover (GASP!!) what do you dislike the least? I love sitting on the beach reading a book. Soaking up the sun some. Wading in the water some. Peace and quiet just permeates. I wish I were there right now.
8. Insert your own random thought here. My boys and I have been given the opportunity to participate in a local cable access cooking show. Four families will be getting together once a week for six weeks and creating a meal while being guided by a nutritionist and chef. Then we'll all sit together and eat and critique it. It should be interesting as my two older boys are very picky about their food. Actually, picky might be an understatement. They have their few favorites they eat and that's about it. While I know this behavior has been allowed and created by myself, it's something I've been working to change over the last few months in particular. I'll share more about it after our first show. But a cool aside...the nutritionist is also the trainer I had during my recent gym program.