Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Wednesday Hodgepodge

 

1. The Summer Olympics begin next week and London is playing host. If you had the chance to go in person which (non-Olympic) London site would you most like to visit? Hubby & I actually visited London back in 1999. We were there for a friend's wedding and toured London late one afternoon with the groom's family in tow so it was a bit hard to get to all the places we wanted to go see. 


The only place we managed a full tour of was The Tower of London. We saw Big Ben as we came out of the metro station and later on the outside of Westminster Abby. We also made it to Piccadilly Circus. 

I'd love to do a few more "touristy" things and see the changing of the guards, ride on a double decker bus, and see the inside of Westminster Abby. 

However, it's the only time I've spent more than a day out of the country (I spent an hour in Canada for my high school senior class trip). I'd so love to go back some day.

2. What is something in your life right now that feels like an Olympic event? Moving. Yup, hubby and I are under contract on a house. This is a private sale and once it's final I'll share more details. God's hand has been apparent throughout the process. So while I'm not freaking out over the details, the thought of moving eight years worth of stuff is a very daunting task.

3. What's your favorite supper to prepare and serve when it's too hot to cook? It's called "take-out." I like to let someone else cook for me! Actually, when it's very hot we'll typically use the grill to make supper.

4. July 18th is National Get Out of the Doghouse Day...when was the last time you were 'in the doghouse'? Honestly, I can't remember. I'm sure my hubby remembers, but I can't think of a recent time at the moment.

5. What television advertisement do you find particularly irritating or inappropriate? You may not answer with 'all of them'. I know some of you were thinking about it. I actually can't answer this question and love that I can say that! We don't have "broadcast" TV so thus no commericals. We cancelled our satellite TV at least two years ago if not longer. The only TV we watch is Netflix streaming or free online. Typically I have to watch commercials online but it's such a rare thing that I can't remember one to share! Although, a squealing pig just popped in my head, so I guess one did make a lasting impression of annoyance. 

6. Share one piece of interesting news from the year you were born. Apparently a man named Ray Tomlinson invented internet based email. Who would have thunk it?!?!

7. What's the best part of your average day? Bedtime...for everyone else. I love the quiet time at night when everyone else is sleeping and I can just sit and relax.

8. Insert your own random thought here. As mentioned above, my hubby and I have a contract in place to buy this place....


We're just waiting on the bank to get started on their end of things but things should be wrapped up by the end of summer.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh thank goodness! I'm not here all alone. Thanks for leaving me a comment. It helps that I'm not always talking to myself. Right? Hello?