1. Every January 1st since 1976 Lake Superior University has published a list of words they'd like to see banished from the Queen's English. Words may be banished due to misuse, overuse or just general uselessness (go here to read more about how the words were chosen). Here are the words/phrases they'd like to see banished in 2014-
selfie, twerk/twerking, hashtag, Twittersphere, Mr. Mom, T-bone, ____on steroids, the suffixes
-ageddon, and -pocalypse added to anything and everything, from the world of politics the words-intellectually/morally bankrupt and Obamacare, and from the world of sports the words-adversity and fan base
Which of these words/phrases would you most like to see banished from everyday speech and why? Is there a word not on the list you'd like to add?
All of the above? Actually none of those words make my back go up. Well, certainly Obamacare is annoying but in more than just the word itself. Other than that, I have no major objection to any of them.
2. What one unfinished project nags at you begging to be completed in this new year?
I'm feeling pretty good on the project area. I spent a lot of time on projects last week and really took care of quite a bit. I do want to work on transfering files to my new laptop. They are all still residing on my external hard drive. I also want to tackle my photo gallery that I have in my upstairs hallway. It was quickly placed before our open house last year and I am missing quite a few family members.
3. When did you last have a bowl of soup? What kind? Homemade or from a can? What's your favorite soup?
I'm not a huge soup lover so I actually do not eat it often. However, just yesterday I made a beef stew. Well, technically it was moose stew. I have a lot of stew meat from a moose my hubby harvested two years ago. It turned out rather yummy if I do say so myself! Hubby liked it so much he took a photo and posted it to Facebook....
Pretzel roll and moose stew
4. Snowed in, snowed under, snow job...which one most applies to your life in recent days, figuratively speaking.
Figuratively speaking? None of the above. I do live in Maine though so we do have quite a bit of snow on the ground. At least a couple feet. It's been colder than normal here this year as well. Although, during the recent "polar vortex" it was a whopping 40 degrees! However, the week before it was well below zero many days.
5. What's the funniest movie you've ever seen, or at least one of the funniest?
I'm not good at this.
6. In general, would you say you're clumsy?
Actually, no. I certainly have my moments, but overall I don't think I'm clumsy.
7. Elvis Presley was born on Hodgepodge Day (January 8th) back in 1935. Are you an Elvis fan? What's your favorite Elvis tune? If that's too hard, which Elvis tune do you dislike the least? Click here for a list of his songs.
I'm not a rabid Elvis fan, but I do like his music especially his earlier tunes. I like "All Shook Up" pretty well.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
This post has been floating around Facebook. We tried our own version yesterday morning but it was a whooping 11F degrees and it didn't seem to work. So today, when I noticed it was a mere -3F at 7:45 in the morning, I grabbed a boy and headed outside with my camera. I'm not sure how this woman managed to get the bubbles to behave the way she did (and yes, we made the solution and tried store bought solution as well), but we still had a cold and fun start to our day.