Monday, September 7, 2015

A New Year Begins

I'm on the fast track to being the shortest person in my house. 
Only one boy left to reach that milestone!

I have to tell you that it has been one busy but fun summer around here. I'm a bit sad to see it end. We started back to our homeschooling last week. It's hard to believe that this is the start of my 13th year! I've been blessed to educate all my boys from the start right here at home. These are the only two I have left. My oldest graduated last year. 

My oldest is still home, however, He's finishing up a few things and working on taking CLEP tests this year to earn some college credit. He is looking at creative writing programs. That was a huge shift so he is taking a gap year to regroup and figure things out. 

I have to admit, I'd be happy if he got a hair cut. 

We've done so many things that I just simply haven't had time to record them here. Watch out though! I'm working on a new schedule that will allow me some set blogging time. Yeah!

I want to share photos of the day I spent in Rockland with some of my best friends. 

I need to share about our vacation to Massachusetts. We spent a whole week with my aunt and uncle on the beach. It was glorious!

I was only home for about 48 hours before I turned around and headed back out to enjoy SoulFest. It's a three day Christian musical festival held in New Hampshire on Gunstock Mountain. I've enjoyed it so much I thought this was my fifth or sixth year attending. It was only my fourth. 


We checked out a lighthouse and a museum (school field trip!)...


So there is a lot to catch up on amongst all the getting started hoopla. So please be patient. I promise to get some details up soon!

4 comments:

  1. Trisha White9/08/2015 6:37 AM

    Thanks for sharing. It looks like you had a great summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. May the Lord bless you all as you enter into a new school year. Can't wait to read more of your summer adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I was thinking about going to Soul Fest, but we never got around to planning for the trip. Perhaps next year! Have a great year! We started 3 weeks ago...with half weeks. Ease into things! All our kids are growing up, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's amazing to see your three little boys all grown up or nearly grown! I have one in the house still shorter than me. She's about an inch shorter and is 10. LOL I look forward to catching up with you when you have time to blog. It's always fun to read and see your photos.

    ReplyDelete

Oh thank goodness! I'm not here all alone. Thanks for leaving me a comment. It helps that I'm not always talking to myself. Right? Hello?