Wednesday, September 23, 2015
1. What have you 'fallen for' recently? Tiny houses. I love the idea of tiny house living, but there is absolutely no way I could ever actually live in one. Our family has a camp in the north Maine woods that would definitely qualify as a "tiny house." I just spent four days there with my hubby and two boys. Yeah, I wouldn't survive long term.
2. What's something you're 'squirreling away' for later? Nothing really. I do tend to squirrel away cash for trips but I have nothing upcoming. Or chocolate but I'm trying to eat healthier.
3. How do you like your apples? Sweet? Tart? Crisp? Cooked? Apples are one of the superfoods for fall...how often do you eat an apple either plain or as part of a favorite recipe? What's your favorite variety? Sweet. Definitely sweet. I like my apples raw. I never started eating cooked ones (as in apple pie) until I was an adult. I like apple pie pretty well also, but my favorite way to eat apples is raw. I love Fuji apples. I need to start eating more - just like the old adage "an apple a day keeps the doctor away."
4. According to Fodor's the ten best fall foliage trips in the US of A are - Aspen, Colorado; The Catskills, New York; The Berkshires, Massachusetts; Columbia River Gorge, Oregon; Green Mountain Byway, Vermont; Enchanted Circle Scenic Byway, New Mexico; Great Smoky Mountains, North Carolina and Tennessee; Upper Peninsula, Michigan; Lake of the Ozarks, Missouri; and Glacier National Park, Montana. Which would you most like to visit this fall and why? I would love to go to Montana. My husband and I have talked often about going out west at some point. In fact, when we first were married we talked for a while about moving to Montana.
5. The topic of legalizing marijuana was raised in the most recent televised political debate so let's wade in too. Twenty-three states and the District of Columbia currently have laws legalizing marijuana in some form. Four states have legalize marijuana for recreational use. Your thoughts? I'm not keen on it being legal for "recreational use." I do believe there are some medical benefits but it's such a slippery slope. (How's that for a political answer?)
6. Are you okay to watch a movie already in progress or do you need to always see it from the beginning? How about jumping into a TV series somewhere in the middle? Is that okay? Hate it. I like to see all movies from the beginning. And I binge watch on Netflix constantly starting always with episode one. (I'm currently on Season 4 of Hawaii 5-0 and mid-way through Season 1 of NCIS.)
7. Thursday (September 24) is National Punctuation Day. What rule of punctuation trips you up most often? What rule of punctuation, when broken by someone else, bugs you the most? Commas get me most often. Quotation marks inside of end marks. I'm not much of a punctuation Nazi though.
8. Insert your own random thought here. I'm having a hard time believing that today is the first day of Fall. I am loving the cooler temps! Fall is one of my favorite seasons. However, I'm not so thrilled with it getting darker earlier and earlier. And it also means winter is not that far off - my least favorite season of all.