2. "We have more power than will; and it is often by way of excuse to ourselves that we fancy things are impossible." Francois Duc De la Rochefoucauld What's something you once thought impossible, but in hindsight see as more a matter of lack of will? Life? Seriously though, I now run my own little fitness business. That is not something I ever would have thought was possible. Ever. I'm not the typical "skinny-fitness-instructor" either. I have quite a bit of weight still to lose, but since February I'm been teaching classes four times a week. I started out with just Cardio Dance (aka Zumba but I'm not Zumba certified - I'm a Group Fitness Instructor so I get to do my own thing there) and now also do Cardio Kickboxing (we beat up heavy bags).
I'm also now taking a Les Mills Grit class twice a week. It's high-intensity-interval training or HIIT. We do cardio, strength, and plyometrics. Each class focuses on one of those areas and only goes for 30 minutes. I have a cardio class in the morning and this is what we'll be doing. Even though we are now five weeks in to our eight week session, I'm still not looking forward to cardio. Ugh...
3. The rose is America's National Flower, but every state also has its own (click here to see the list). Are you happy with yours? If you were in charge what would you declare your state's flower? If you're outside the U.S. what bloom would you like to see labeled as your country's national flower? Maine is a white pine cone and tassel. It seems like it makes sense except that it's a pine cone and needles. So seeds and "leaves" - not really a flower in the regular sense. Having said that - maybe a lady slipper instead?
4. What have you lost interest in recently? Not sure on this one.
5. In your opinion, who's the best living musician? Or this one. I like way too may musicians to narrow it down.
6. S'mores-love 'em or no? Not a favorite but I'll eat one or two every year. Ever make them indoors? No, this is strictly an outdoor treat at our house. Last time you sat around an outdoor fire? About a month ago. We have a great fire pit but have been too busy this year to use it as much as we like. Are making s'mores and sitting round a fire pit on your autumn bucket list? We do this anytime of the year - not just in the fall. Do you have an autumn bucket list? No, should I?
7. Your favorite small town? Why? The one I live in right now. I grew up in a small town and always knew I would leave - I just wasn't sure how or when. Even though I spent the first 21 years of my life there, it didn't have the same hold on me. And we've moved a lot in our 22 years of marriage. A Lot! We've lived in cities and small towns. This isn't even the smallest town, but this is where I am right now and I'm happy and pretty content.
8. Insert your own random thought here. How is it even possible that it's already October? I'm finding it hard to believe just how fast this year has flown by. Blink and welcome 2016 I guess!