Wednesday, December 16, 2015
1. What's your biggest 'first world' problem? Slow internet. When we moved to our new house three years ago we only had a handful of devices. Now they have multiplied between computers, smartphones, and tablets throughout the house! It's time to bump up the speed I think.
2. Each year Time Magazine names a 'Person of the Year', someone who has 'for better or worse...done the most to influence the events of the year.' It was recently announced they've named Angela Merkel Person of the Year for 2015. You can read more about this year's selection here. Your thoughts? If you were in charge, who would you declare Person of the Year? I skimmed the article and I'm okay with this. Too many times people are chosen for reasons too controversial (Bruce Jenner anyone?). A world leader who has done much to help bring about peace and lead successfully, that works for me. If I were in charge, I would have picked a military hero, someone who gave all to save people like you and me.
3. Do you have a nativity set in your home? If so share it's history and how you display the pieces. I do! I was blessed to be given a set made by my mother. She gifted it to me before she died. What makes it so special is that it's a ceramic set she painted. It was displayed in our home all throughout my years growing up. I typically place it on a bookshelf in my den during the holiday season. However, this year, I haven't decorated as much as I normally do due to an ankle injury. I'm having a hard time getting around to put up all the touches I normally do.
4. Do you make an extra effort to give back in some way during the holiday season? How do you encourage those who need encouragement this time of year? Yes, generally I do. I love to give gifts and help out those I see around me in need. I try to exude a spirit of happiness this time of year. It can go a long way just to be nice to the person in line or the frazzled cashier. It only takes a moment.
5. Who is your favorite person to shop for? Why? My two younger boys. They have distinct likes so it's super easy to shop for them.
6. What's the last delicious thing you ate? A chocolate brownie with caramel sauce at my hubby's office Christmas party.
7. The best way to spread Christmas cheer is________________. To show love to those around you.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I injured my ankle three weeks ago. I damaged a tendon in my left ankle. Who knew how much that would slow a person down? I teach four fitness classes a week and I've had to stop teaching since my injury. I'm thankful I have friends who have been able to sub for me though (I own my own business). I'm praying it heals quickly & fast. It's slowly getting better. The key word there is slowly. I see the doctor next week. I'm pretty sure he is not going to give me the all clear. I noticed last night that I already have some muscle atrophy in the injured leg (I am weight bearing on it). It's amazing how quickly things can change.