Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Maine Wildlife Park 2016


This is one of our favorite places to visit. They do a great job with field trips and we always have a good time. It's a lot of fun to go and see what's new each year. For the last three years I have put together a large field trip (100+ people). We do a class on a particular animal and then are free to explore the park. We spent a gorgeous day here last Thursday. Balmy weather. No bugs. Sunny! A perfect way to finish up our school year. 


Our class was on loons. The educator was excellent and did a great job keeping the kids engaged. I think my favorite part was the "loon-sicle" that she used to show how loons eat fish.


After our class we had a quick picnic lunch and then headed out to explore. There were a number of families there from our church homeschool co-op and we explored together.

Since we've been going so many years, I don't take as many photos anymore. I really enjoyed the company and the kids appeared to have a really wonderful time.

I did manage to get what will likely be my last shot ever of my youngest on the "iron turtle." He very reluctantly posed for me.

May 2016 - age 12
(And yes, he has new glasses.)

August 2009 - age 7

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh thank goodness! I'm not here all alone. Thanks for leaving me a comment. It helps that I'm not always talking to myself. Right? Hello?