Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Wednesday Hodgepodge


1. If you could sit beside and/or jump in any lake in the whole wide world today, which lake would you choose and why? I prefer the ocean, but I guess I'd have to say Moosehead Lake. It's the one lake I spend any time near - little though that really is.

2. What's your favorite 'fruity' drink? I don't drink a lot of fruity drinks. Fruity drinks = carbs. Carbs = insulin. I try not to drink my carbs. 

3. I read a list here of thirteen things to do right now to simplify your life. They were-

clean as you go, re-evaluate your relationships (cut toxic ties), unsubscribe (too many blogs and websites), de-clutter, write down your daily goals, reply to emails right away, forget multitasking, create a morning routine, re-evaluate your commitments (which hobbies and responsibilities are most important to you), say no, clean up your computer, and plan your day ahead 

Which of the tasks listed do you currently find most helpful in keeping life simple? I find writing down a daily to do list helps me to stay on task well. 

Which item on the list should you adopt in order to simplify your life this month? I'm currently working on decluttering. We have a huge dumpster sitting in our backyard right now for this sole purpose. 

4. What did you do the summer after you graduated from high school? Gosh! What did I do? It's been so long. I honestly have no idea. I probably went to visit my aunt in Massachusetts for a bit. I think I had a job then so maybe not. Obviously it wasn't life changing or all that interesting because I simply can't remember.

5. Are you a fan of podcasts? If so what's a favorite? I want to be a fan, but I never seem to get around to listening to any. 

6. Do you think today's fathers have it harder, easier, or just different than fathers in the past? Just different. I think fathers have a hard job period. 

7. Tell us one way you're like your father? Or not at all like your father if that's easier? Some may find this untrue, but I have a temper like my father. It's taken me many years to get that under control. 

8. Insert your own random thought here. It's been pretty cold here in Maine this year. It's mid-June and I'm still wearing jeans more than shorts. Odd weather. This weekend I'm heading to the beach - cold or not! I love the ocean. Even just a walk along the shore will be well worth the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh thank goodness! I'm not here all alone. Thanks for leaving me a comment. It helps that I'm not always talking to myself. Right? Hello?