Monday, September 25, 2017

{Review} Matthew West "All In" Album

/Users/chelseaperritt/Library/Containers/com.apple.mail/Data/Library/Mail Downloads/D044FA11-9868-4B9D-BA62-7D9F6971EB0E/00602547135308-CVR.jpg

I first heard Matthew West sing years ago when he was just starting out as a singer/songwriter. He made quite the impression on me - in a good way! I don't even remember who the headliner was that night, but I still remember Matthew (see, we're even on a first name basis!). He was engaging and personable which is hard to do in front of an audience of hundreds. And he was also very talented. I've enjoyed listening to him over the years as he has continued to hone his skill.

His seventh album All In was just released on the September 22, 2017. Track two "Broken Things" has been playing on the radio for a bit now and it's my favorite of his newest ones. The words drive home the fact that we are all broken, sinners. And only God can take and make good come from that type of mess.


Chorus:
Now I'm just a beggar in the presence of a king
I wish I could bring so much more
But if it's true you use broken things
There here I am Lord, I'm all yours

Such simple truth in that chorus. And the rest of the lyrics are just as hard hitting. We serve an awesome God who can turn even the worse sinner into someone who can bring glory to His kingdom. I'm glad I serve a God like that!

Another fave moment for me on this album was his daughter Lulu singing on track 13 "Becoming Me." She has an amazing voice! And the album ends with a fun cameos by both his daughters doing an unusual take on "All In." 

I'm definitely enjoying listening to this entire album while I'm out and about during the day. 

Disclosure (in accordance with the FTC’s 16 CFR, Part 255:  “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising”):  Opinions are 100% my own and NOT influenced by monetary compensation.  I did receive a sample of the product in exchange for this review and post.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh thank goodness! I'm not here all alone. Thanks for leaving me a comment. It helps that I'm not always talking to myself. Right? Hello?