Friday, February 9, 2007

New Super Hero or Mutant??

SAHM "Kills" DVD Player


Maine - An apparently normal SAHM (stay-at-home-mom) may be the newest Mutant on the planet. All appeared well in the Berry household last evening. Mrs. Berry was sitting on her sofa knitting a hat for her mother-in-law while watching the movie "Empire Falls." She was enjoying placing the scenes in the film to the local areas where it was filmed a few years ago for HBO films. She wasn't enjoying the plot all that much though. She was pretty pleased with how her second hat was turning out, however. At the end of the movie she prepared to go to bed. As she touched the "eject" button on the DVD player a small bolt of electricity passed from her finger to the player & effectively killed it. Her husband was called to verify and the smell of burning components was confirmed. When reached by telephone today he said it was pretty amazing that only a simple touch of the finger could kill the DVD player so thoroughly. He was going to be picking up a new one on the way home from work this evening. He may ban his wife from touching it at all throughout the rest of the winter "static" season.

7 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness . . .what a funny story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I best not touch the DVD player - I'm so electrically charged on most days...it's DRY here...

    So, you gonna share your hats, or what? Didja see mine on my blog????

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL, from the first few sentences, I thought you were going to say you'd had ENOUGH of the kids watching tv and you'd banished the DVD player!

    Ours went out a week or so ago too. I'm really bummed because it played DVDs, videos AND CDs. At first I thought the kids would have to listen to various school CDs in the car parked in the garage, but then I remembered I have a little CD player in my kitchen radio. Whew!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Face it - you're simply electrifying. ::snort::

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gabe malfunctioned our VCR once. He put a plastic bug into it, took us DAYS to get it out. Mom ended up using a paint brush to wiggle it out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE DeEtta's comment! I like the sounds of being "electrifying" sounds like you have quite a personality (LOL)!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, definitely an 'electrifying' personality. ha!

    ReplyDelete

Oh thank goodness! I'm not here all alone. Thanks for leaving me a comment. It helps that I'm not always talking to myself. Right? Hello?