SAHM "Kills" DVD Player
Maine - An apparently normal SAHM (stay-at-home-mom) may be the newest Mutant on the planet. All appeared well in the Berry household last evening. Mrs. Berry was sitting on her sofa knitting a hat for her mother-in-law while watching the movie "Empire Falls." She was enjoying placing the scenes in the film to the local areas where it was filmed a few years ago for HBO films. She wasn't enjoying the plot all that much though. She was pretty pleased with how her second hat was turning out, however. At the end of the movie she prepared to go to bed. As she touched the "eject" button on the DVD player a small bolt of electricity passed from her finger to the player & effectively killed it. Her husband was called to verify and the smell of burning components was confirmed. When reached by telephone today he said it was pretty amazing that only a simple touch of the finger could kill the DVD player so thoroughly. He was going to be picking up a new one on the way home from work this evening. He may ban his wife from touching it at all throughout the rest of the winter "static" season.