Monday, July 2, 2007

Today

I was at my sister's again today & I tried to be proactive with the boys today. I knew that if N & my nephew were allowed too much free time, they would start picking at each other. I sent them out to play shortly after I got there for a bit. I let them play in the driveway & left the dogs in the fenced yard. J started playing with the bubble machine so I attempted to get some shots of them. It was way harder than I anticipated!



Then it was time for lunch. After lunch I kicked them back outside for a bit. J went down for a nap at that point & B was busy playing on Lego.com website. Auntie has a DSL connection so it works way better at her house then here.


After a bit I had the boys come in & they became mini-Picasso's. I had bought some 8x10 canvases at AC Moore last year with the plan to have my boys paint on them. I had done that once before with just B with a bigger canvas & it was a lot of fun. I got the idea from the mom of the little girl I used to babysit when my boys were smaller. It's a lot of fun for them. That kept them busy for a bit. They both painted two.



My nephew pausing long enough to say "cheese!"

N showing me his great grin (and his new haircut!)

At about this time, my sister called to let me know they were almost home from the hospital. My BIL was discharged today - YEAH! I spent some time outside at this point taking photos of all her great flowers that are blooming. I also spent about 20 minutes trying to get a photo of their flag unfurled by the wind. Go check out my 365 blog to see that final result. (Link to the right above.)

This is no where CLOSE to the true color, but it just wasn't coming out right no matter how I tried to get the shot.

This color isn't correct either - they are more of a deep purple. Again - no clue why it wouldn't come out right.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you came up with lots of fun things for them to do. ART is always a big hit around here! Love all the flower photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those flowers...wat lovely colours! lucky you

    ReplyDelete

Oh thank goodness! I'm not here all alone. Thanks for leaving me a comment. It helps that I'm not always talking to myself. Right? Hello?