Friday, November 23, 2007

Black Friday Shopping

I have never, ever, ever gone out shopping on Black Friday. I have shopped on-line at home, but never dared to brave the stores. I don't particularly like crowds. However, this year, my sister & our friend, Tammy, and I all thought it would be fun to spend the day together shopping - on Black Friday.

The plan was to have a leisurely morning. Head to Tammy's house where her wonderful hubby, Phil, would make us breakfast & then head south to the big city & hit the stores. It sounded good to me. My hubby & boys went home after Thanksgiving & I spent the night at my sister's so I wouldn't have to backtrack the next day. I was looking forward to sleeping in.

Then my sister showed me some of the ads for the sales. I can't go in to too much detail on the blog as I know a certain family member who lives in my house reads my blog & I don't want to give anything away. I'll just say that there was a very necessary item I needed & it was on sale for a huge discount. As a result, my sister & I started the day at 6am!

We had hit two stores before we even made it to Tammy & Phil's. We didn't take any photos there though. Throughout the rest of the day, Tammy & I took turns getting photos of the different stores we stopped at. The die-hard scrapbookers in us already have layouts planned (think those MasterCard "priceless" type commercials - at least that is MY plan!). Below are three stores we did stop at during the afternoon.





My two favorite people to shop & scrapbook with - Tammy is on the left & my sister is on the right.

After realizing we weren't getting any PEOPLE in the above photos, we started making one or two of us stand & pose. Unfortunately, I don't have the probably fantastic photo that Tammy took of myself in front of the Irving Blue Canoe store with my Diet Mt. Dew in hand. I also snapped one of her in front of Dunkin Donuts!

We had an absolutely fabulous day shopping together. I was even able to get about half of my Christmas shopping done. Thanks, ladies!

3 comments:

  1. You are very brave women! More power to you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Phil sounds like a great guy to me, lol. You definitely need to be continually recharged (sugar, caffeine) to survive Black Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The girls and I went out shopping on Black Friday and had a great time!

    ReplyDelete

Oh thank goodness! I'm not here all alone. Thanks for leaving me a comment. It helps that I'm not always talking to myself. Right? Hello?