Friday, August 15, 2008

Women of Faith - Part 2

Many of you out there in the cyberworld may recognize this lady here....



Her name is Anita Renfroe. Remember the "Momsense" video over at YouTube. The one where the mom sings to the William Tell Overture all the things that moms say in a 24 hour period? This is the lady who does that & yes, she did perform it. She was absolutely HILARIOUS! We were so blessed to not only have her at the regular conference on Saturday but she was also at the pre-conference on Friday. Talk about funny! I don't think I've ever laughed so much. She is just great.




I would be remiss if I didn't also post the link to her "Dadsense" video. If you haven't seen it, I highly recommend checking it out here.





Okay, I could fill this post with a bunch of videos but I promise not to. Just go to YouTube & do a search for Anita Renfroe. She has a funny one on there called "Don't Breathe" that is a parody of Faith Hill's "Breathe" song done complete with a long blond wig. And a really funny one called "Think Before You Eat" that is a take off of Carrie Underwood's song "Before He Cheats." Hilarious!! I have one more plug to make - I stumbled over Total Momsense 2 at YouTube. All of you with real little ones will want to check it out - there are even subtitles! :-)

Okay - the next "comedy" speaker was Nicole Johnson. She is also very, very funny but always slips in a great message in there as well. A while ago there was an e-mail circulating about this mom who realized she was "invisible" to her family - that was a skit by Nicole.

My sister had some videos & had shared them about a year before we even decided to go to Women of Faith. She did two really awesome skits. One was called "The Case of the Missing Mind."

If any of you moms out there can relate, you know how you forget stuff - why you went in to a room, when you last did laundry, you know that sort of stuff. This skit was all based on that. It was really pretty funny.

I think my favorite skit was the one she did on "Fire" & it was about the damage angry words can do. I found both Anita & Nicole funny & thought provoking all at the same time.

2 comments:

  1. Okay - yes, watching the Anita Renfroe videos in the order posted (Mom first than Dad) was quite funny but NOT that funny :-)

    I say more than, "Go ask your Mom." I sometimes tell them, "You better be good or I'll go tell your Mom!" LOL, just kidding but these are a good set of Videos but I like to think that I'm a bit more involved.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do remember that YOUTUBE video of the William Tell Overture. I bet she IS funny!

    ReplyDelete

Oh thank goodness! I'm not here all alone. Thanks for leaving me a comment. It helps that I'm not always talking to myself. Right? Hello?