Friday, October 10, 2008

HFH: Fat Ticker Friday - UGH



Hot for the Holidays

Can I use the same title twice? You know, I knew this would probably happen at some point in this challenge. After all, unless I really stick with it, I'm going to gain at some point. But seriously, for those of you who watch The Biggest Loser (like I do - love it) you would have been gasping, covering your mouth, and had WIDE open eyes when I stepped on the scale this morning because let me tell you a secret...I did not loose a single pound this week - not even a measly 1/2 a pound. Nope, I gained a pound. Yup, a whole pound. There would have been a big old PLUS sign in front of my number & Allie asking me "So, what do you think happened?"

I can certainly tell you what happened...overeating far too many days and almost NO exercise. ::sigh::

However, this just get me fired up for the next week. After all I am seeing results. I'm loosing weight. I'm heading to the goal - slowly but surely. I just wish I'd stop gaining & loosing the SAME POUNDS! UGH!

From Baby Tea Leaves (our wonderful host): This week's question was about inspiration. It was about keeping our eyes peeled and spotting it, somewhere, anywhere. Where did you find it this week?

I actually found it in a Yahoo group I started last year to help support a few on-line friends in loosing weight. We were talking about it around New Years so I set up the group to help with accountability & such. It's hit or miss sometimes, but lately we've been on a talking kick & it's helping. One lady in particular, Bridget, is really inspiriting me with her "stick-to-it-ness," her exercise plans, what's she's eating & what's she's using for exercise. We're about the same weight height & yet she is wearing about three sizes smaller than I am. HUH? You might ask because I certainly did!!!

She is using some videos (Zumba) that work your core & make you lean. "I could do that," I said to myself. So I am. On my "to do" list is to buy the videos. Pssst, check out ebay for some good deals on these.

I also decided one night to try out my poor dance pad that has been sitting and doing nothing but collecting dust for over a year. I was reminded why I bought it in the first place. It's FUN so I'll be adding that in since I don't have a Wii Fit or even a Wii anything at this point & that sounds like way more fun! But I digress.

So this week I found inspiration on the Internet & even in my own house. After all, I'm a mom of three boys. Three active boys. I'm also a mom with type 1 diabetes who is about 70 pounds overweight. I want to live long enough to see them married. I want to hold my grandchildren. I want to watch them all grow old. I don't want to die before it's my time. The only thing I can control are my choices. And for a really neat post about choices & how it affects everything you do, you have to go read my friend Steph's blog. Because I also found this post really inspiring this week as well. Food for thought (instead of for my mouth!)

5 comments:

  1. Don't be discouraged Lisa! Just as God's mercies are new every morning, you can choose a new attitude and stick-to-itness for the day right? Thanks for the props too *wink*

    Steph

    ReplyDelete
  2. i would add to your friend's comment. hang in there. i like that you pulled out the dance pad and gave it some attention. good luck this coming week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I try to keep a long term thought motivating me as well.. the same as yours. I want to be around a VERYLONG time to see my kids and grandkids grow up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hang in there! Your doing good. I'm losing some too! I'm pretty excited. I to keep a list of what I eat each day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post! It's all about finding inspiration and going with it! Honestly, without it, everything would get boring and we'd forget why we're doing the hard stuff. It's ok to have a gain!!! And it's awesome that you're finding stuff that you like to do and doing it!!

    ReplyDelete

Oh thank goodness! I'm not here all alone. Thanks for leaving me a comment. It helps that I'm not always talking to myself. Right? Hello?