Friday, October 17, 2008

HFH: Fat Ticker Friday

Hot for the Holidays

From "Motivation Monday"...
On to this week's little project for Friday. Pretty much everyone has a love-hate relationship with their body. What I'd like to know is, when you think about your body, which part do you want to "refine" during this process? And think about or find out what exercises you have to do to make that happen.

=================================================
I really need to work on my core & when I say that I mean from about mid-thigh up to my abdominal area. That is where I see most of the issues. I'm the mom of three boys. I was slightly overweight when I got pregnant with baby #1 (by about 20 pounds & when you have more than 60 to loose - that is slightly overweight!). I gained about 50 pounds with baby boy #1 but lost almost all of it by the time he was about eight months old. That's when I started a night job & I not only packed back on the 50 but then some!

I then lost about 20 pounds before I had baby #2. That is when I was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes. I only gained 17 pounds during that pregnancy & it was definitely my best ever. I lost it all very quickly & a little bit more but never got down to where I should have been.

Then enter baby #3. A while ago we had a contest among blogging friends to post our scariest pregnancy photos. They declared me a winner. Only click HERE if you want to be truly scared at what your body can do when you are pregnant. Trust me there was only ONE baby inside & while he turned out to be 10 lbs. 3 ozs at birth, I still can't get over the size of me but at the time I didn't realize how bad it was. Do NOT click there if you have never had a baby or are pregnant with your first - trust me on that.

Again I gained about 50 pounds & you can see by that photo (if you dared to click) how much I was stretched out. Needless to say that whole abdominal area needs some work. Big time!

One thing I'm going to do to help in this area is buy some Zumba DVDs to try out. I'm actually looking on eBay as I type this post. On a weight loss support group I participate in, one lady was singing the praises of these DVDs. I do not have the ability to go to a gym to work out due to distance, cost & children. ;-) So all of my workouts have to be something I can do at home. Anyway, she was saying that she uses these & loves them. This was the kicker for me though. She is about my height & weighs 2-3 pounds less than I do. However, she is wearing three sizes SMALLER than I am! She says it's all due to Zumba & how it works your core. I'm sold & I'm off to buy some now.

As for what I like about my body..that's hard. ;-) I like my hands. I like my smile. Um, my eyes? LOL Seriously, when you have about 60-80 pounds to loose there is just too much on my body that needs toning & such. I like the strength in my legs & I know that I'm not totally out of shape, but there is a lot of work still needing to be done.

As for my weight loss this week? I was very surprised & thrilled to be able to post a LOSS! I lost 1/2 a pound this week. It was not a good week for me. I worked out once. I didn't even take my daily walks with kiddos. I overate. I ate a lot of junk. And still I lost a pound. I know that if I can do that without putting in a lot of effort, I can do so much better if I really focus on it & get it under control. So that is my plan for this week.

Click the graphic at the top to see how others did this week in their weigh-in.

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your weight loss! A loss is a loss - better than a gain! Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your loss this week, keep it up!

    ReplyDelete

Oh thank goodness! I'm not here all alone. Thanks for leaving me a comment. It helps that I'm not always talking to myself. Right? Hello?