When I was presented with the opportunity to view the above movie, "Magdalena: Through Her Eyes," I was excited to hear that it was a product of Campus Crusade for Christ. My hubby & I were both involved with Campus Crusade while we were in college. It was a direct result of their ministry that my hubby came to know the Lord. Needless to say, their ministry holds a special spot for us.
The movie, "Magdalena" depicts the life of Christ as seen through the eyes of Mary Magdalena. It is a story of hope.
The DVD includes:
- "FREE" a short video for the modern woman
- Promotional videos in various lengths (5-minute, 2-minute, 1-minute, and 30-seconds)
- a 60-minute condensed version of the film in English, Spanish, Portuguese, & French
- an 82-minute full-length version of the film in English, Spanish, French, Mandarin, Korean, Arabic, Portuguese, & Russian
- movie trailers
Not only did I receive the DVD, but there was also a packet of information and materials that came with it. Included were:
- A flyer that can be included in a church bulletin with a schedule for a movie screening (more on that in a moment)
- Price list
- a newsletter
- a brochure with the salvation message
- an 8-week Bible study called "Reflections of Hope"
The DVD is packaged with materials to encourage women to host a screening of it at their church as an outreach. There is even an 8-week Bible study that can be used as a follow-up. You can check out more information about this here.
I sat down alone to watch this just a couple days ago. I found the movie very compelling. It shares the story of Mary Magdalena as she shares the story of Christ with an unbelieving neighbor - all the way from the Garden of Eden to His death and resurrection.
Campus Crusade for Christ produces The Jesus Film, a very effective tool for reaching the lost. It's been translated into many languages. Magdalena: Through Her Eyes takes that project and gears it specifically to woman. Although, I feel that it would be an effective movie for all to watch.
I highly recommend seeing it.
If you would like a chance to win your own copy of the movie (including all the materials I received as well), simply leave a comment letting me know you'd like to be entered. I will draw a winner on Saturday, April 23rd so there's not much time!