Sunday, November 9, 2008

I'm Thankful For...

...my friend, Deb.

I know I've blogged about my friendship with Deb before, but I thought I'd post a very quick recap.

We met through a homeschool project shortly after I began homeschooling B six years ago. It was called Flat Travelers & was based on the book Flat Stanley. You made paper dolls & sent them off to visit with friends. The dolls visits were documented & then sent back to you. A fun project. Deb was one of the first we did an exchange with. She was just starting to get in to scrapbooking and I was just getting in to homeschooling. We began e-mailing each other & a friendship was born. We've even managed to meet IRL a few times - typically yearly. Sometimes I go out to visit her & her family in New York or they come to Maine for a visit.

But Deb & I also chat in Yahoo Messenger a lot. In fact, we used to have a standing chat time - every Wednesday night at 8pm. Then life got busy. Deb & Brian adopted some more kiddos & life got busy here with extra children and activities.

However, through it all, Deb has been a great friend. Even though a five hour drive separates us, I know that she is there for me any time I need her. Thanks, Deb. Be sure to check out her blog over at Following the Narrow Path.

5 comments:

  1. Gotta love friends like that... unfortunately mine are now like 24 hrs away from me. :( So, in regards to that i have to say I am so thankful for the internet. That way we have the opportunity to keep in touch with our loved ones that live so far away!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a nice tribute to friendship.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh that's really sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that blogging, email, and chatting all make it easy to keep or make long distance friendships.

    ReplyDelete

Oh thank goodness! I'm not here all alone. Thanks for leaving me a comment. It helps that I'm not always talking to myself. Right? Hello?