Monday, November 17, 2008

My Daybook

FOR TODAY (November 17, 2008)...

Outside my window...
the sun is finally peaking out through the clouds. We've had about five days of rain - straight.

I am thinking...
about being able to have some time with my hubby tonight.

I am thankful for...
my MIL for watching our boys so we can go out tonight and that the rain has not been snow.

From the learning rooms...
just getting back in to the swing of things after taking last week off.

From the kitchen...
absolutely nothing - yet again.

I am wearing...
a pair of black jeans I had forgotten about & just found yesterday in my pant draw, a warm sweater, socks & my winter crocs.

I am creating...
nothing much right now but I'll be starting on Christmas presents very soon.

I am going...
out tonight to see the movie "Fireproof" with my hubby & I can't wait!!!!

I am reading...
lots of magazines lately & I'm almost done with book three in the Sword of Truth series by Terry Goodkind (The Blood of the Fold).

I am hoping...
I can get my sleep patterns figured out so I'm not waking up still feeling tired.

I am hearing...
babies moving around - but not quite waking (yet) & my dryer humming away. My hubby brought home lots of dirty clothes from 10 days at deer hunting camp.

Around the house...
lots of laundry! I also need to finish putting plastic up on the windows to winterize our trailer. It's time consuming but it makes a huge difference every year.

One of my favorite things...
catching up on our day with my hubby at night.

A few plans for the rest of the week:
date with hubby tonight, my one-on-one Bible study time tomorrow, my couple Bible study on Wednesday night plus MOPS on Wednesday morning, AWANA on Thursday night & we are ending this week with a field trip to the Children's Museum in Bangor (1-1/2 hours away). I'm very thankful another homeschooling mom decided to organize an outing & allow anyone else who wanted to join to do so!

Here is picture thought I am sharing...

These are the roses my hubby gave me on the 7th of the month before he left for hunting camp. They are still looking pretty good considering I've had them for 10 days. I've already changed the water once and I should do so again. Although, my goal was to keep them alive while he was gone.



Click
HERE to read more Simple Woman Daybooks for Monday, the 17th of November.




4 comments:

  1. My parents just came in from Maine yesterday. They stay with us in Florida for the winter. Spoiled aren't they? LOL. I love your flowers. Roses are so great! Oh and you will LOVE Fireproof. My husband and I went to see it and it was great.
    Have a great day!
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe, I love the roses! Sounds like you had a good weekend. Hope your night out with the hubby is fun! Have a good time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The flowers are beautiful. Enjoy the movie! :)
    The White House

    ReplyDelete

Oh thank goodness! I'm not here all alone. Thanks for leaving me a comment. It helps that I'm not always talking to myself. Right? Hello?