Monday, November 24, 2008

My Daybook

FOR TODAY (November 24, 2008)...

Outside my window...
the sun is out but it's still pretty chilly here - about 30 degrees - but no wind so it doesn't feel quite so cold as it has the last couple of days. Winter is definitely making its presence known.

I am thinking...
of the things I need to do to finish getting ready for winter & what I need to do to finish getting ready for the holiday season.

I am thankful for...
my wonderful hubby who willingly wakes me up in the morning so I can get ready & loves to hug & kiss me awake - even when I'm cranky.

From the learning rooms...
just fun crafts and a bit about the history of Thanksgiving plus some math & AWANA verses. A very low key week.

From the kitchen...
I need to make some sides to take to my sister's for Thanksgiving...pumpkin bread, gingerbread cake, veggies....and I have a craving for chocolate chip cookies so I may tackle those today.

I am wearing...
old & comfy clothes today. Faded jeans, socks & crocs (of course, a turtleneck & sweatshirt, plus a head wrap (no clean towels this morning so no shower - ugh!).

I am creating...
cards & ornaments with the boys for our swaps, plus my Christmas cards to mail out and some Christmas presents as well.

I am going...
no where today...remember...no shower!

I am reading...
the same as last week but I'm almost done with book #3 so I think I'll try book #4...not sure yet.

I am hoping...
that our family time on Thursday goes well & we all have fun.

I am hearing...
the hum of the computer fan, the buzz of the heater fan, and one baby sucking on fingers. She is awake but being quiet while the other baby sleeps. Yeah! Boys are outside or in their room. I love this time of day.

Around the house...
I need to finish putting plastic over the windows, LAUNDRY (remember...no clean towels!), and just general clean-up.

One of my favorite things...
crisp cool air that turns little cheeks read.

A few plans for the rest of the week:
relax, spend time with family, go shopping this weekend (hopefully) with my two best friends, enjoy the short week.

Here is picture thought I am sharing...

Trust me - Miss L was having a good time. ;-)


Click HERE to read more from "The Simple Woman Daybooks" posts for today.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh thank goodness! I'm not here all alone. Thanks for leaving me a comment. It helps that I'm not always talking to myself. Right? Hello?