I forgot who sent this adorable snowman. In the mess of my desk I think I have the package somewhere, but I can't put my hands on it at the moment. He's cute though isn't he??
This ornament was made by a little 5-year-old girl named Isabelle. It's made from Celluclay & cut out with a snowman cookie cutter. Then she painted it with acrylic paint. It's delicate but held up nicely to the shipping process.
This little ornament arrived yesterday all the way from Alaska! It's very cute and very appropriate - it's a picture of a reindeer on the front of it!
We've also received four Christmas cards so far. One from Massachusetts, England, Oregon, and one from France. The boys are really enjoying it all this year.
And before I forget, here is the ornament we sent out...
I meant to do a whole "how to" post but I forgot to take photos of it. Here is what we did...
- I shaved red & green crayons.
- The two littlest boys (Ben didn't want to do it) sprinkled them on to wax paper.
- I put a second piece of wax paper on top of them, a face cloth on top of that & ironed it until it melted in to a pretty red/green mosaic.
- I cut 4x4 inch pieces of black card stock.
- I have a negative punch Christmas tree punch & used that to cut four trees on the front.
- The wax paper was sandwiched between two pieces of black card stock.
- The final step was glitter glue drawn around the edge on both sides.
- We used red yarn as a hanger.
These were fun & easy to make. I'll post more photos of the rest of the ornaments as they continue coming in. There should be four more on their way.