Thursday, November 13, 2008

Fun Christmas Ideas for Kids

In my blog reading over the past week, I came across a really neat find for a Kids Ornament Swap over at Full Circle. You can click on that link to find out the details, but basically you will be making 5-8 ornaments (all the same & the number depends on how many sign up) & then you will swap them out with other children. I know that my boys love making things like this so it will be neat to do for Christmas & what kid doesn't enjoy getting mail! You only have until Sunday, November 16th (THIS SUNDAY!!) to sign-up so be sure to go to the blog to get all the details - including the sign-up e-mail address. The theme is a generic "Winter Wonderland" which would include anything nature oriented. I have yet to decide if we'll come up with our own idea or just buy some neat kits from Oriental Trading. Click HERE for a peak at what they offer for winter ornament kits. They have tons to choose from!

The next thing I wanted to share was a Kids Christmas Card Swap. We actually participated in this one last year. This is hosted by Kids Craft Weekly which is a weekly e-mail full of craft ideas. My boys LOVED doing this last year. Half of the cards we swapped out went to international addresses so that was really neat (postage was about $1 per card). We have huge world map hanging in our hallways that have seen better days (i.e. I need new ones asap) so we put Christmas stickers on the locations as we received back our cards. Overall it was really fun. We did only get back nine cards but considering what can happen when you do a swap, this went very well. If you click on the link above, it will take you to a FAQ page & the sign-up page. The sign-up deadline for this swap is Tuesday, November 18th so be sure to sign up soon!

Enjoy! ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh thank goodness! I'm not here all alone. Thanks for leaving me a comment. It helps that I'm not always talking to myself. Right? Hello?