Monday, March 9, 2009

My Daybook

Click HERE to read more or to participate.

FOR TODAY (March 9, 2009)...

Outside my window...it's a cloudy, overcast, cold late winter day. Spring keeps giving us hints that it is coming. Driving on our dirt roads is a lesson in agility and skill - it's like ice-skating in my little car. Mud season is fast approaching.

I am thinking...I can't wait for the weekend. I'll be attending the state's homeschool conference. A nice weekend away to recharge and to spend with my hubby. Can't wait!

I am thankful for...A God who cares for me & those I love. A God who has more strength than I. A God who has His arms wrapped around us all as we stumble down the path of severe illness with my Mom.

From the learning rooms...learning...just the basics...trying to just make progress. We are working on a fun weather lapbook from HSS though. I typed up all the words/definitions to cut & paste inside the booklets. If anyone ends up doing this, let me know & I'll send that on to you.

From the kitchen...absolutely nothing. I really need to make chocolate chip banana nut muffins for hubby's breakfasts.

I am wearing...pretty much the same thing. My "mom" uniform...winter crocs with bright aqua warm, fuzzy socks, new jeans that are nice & comfy, tank top with a sweatshirt. No shower yet though so all this will be changing once I exercise & get ready to go out later.

I am creating...not a lot right. I will be putting together some photo cards and a poster for the silent auction at the homeschool conference this weekend. I also need to work up the details for the new bulletin board for MOPS at church. I'll share photos of all once they are done.

I am going...did I mention the Homeschool Conference this weekend? I'm looking forward to the speakers and the time to recharge.

I am reading...for fun: Final Target by Iris Johansen (thriller), for Bible study: What Happens When Women Pray by Evelyn Christenson (excellent so far), and for me: Never Say Diet by Chantel Hobbs based on the review from De'Etta (scroll about half-way down to see the review on the book).

I am hoping...my mom starts to rally & gets better.

I am hearing...the washing machine & dryer going full tilt as I try to catch up on a few days worth of laundry. The boys acting silly towards the dog who is eating up the attention.

Around the house...the regular routine...laundry, school, exercise, housecleaning. Same old story - different day.

One of my favorite things...taking a mid-morning nap on the couch. Shhhh......

A few plans for the rest of the week: Did you hear that the Maine state homeschool convention is this week? ::grin:: Other than that just continuing on the same routine. MOPS on Wednesday morning, Bible study Wednesday night & then off to the convention.

Here is picture thought I am sharing...

The sunset last night. I pulled in to my vets office to take this.



5 comments:

  1. Beautiful picture.

    Have fun at the homeschool conference. And...yeah, I think you did mention it. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa, praying for you mom. Have fun at the convention.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Lisa,
    Care to share the chocolate chip banana nut muffins recipe?

    It sounds wonderful!! Have fun this weekend!
    Hugs,
    Christa

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you have fun at the conference! I'm sure you need it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun to go to a convention this time of the year.

    Praying for your mom.

    I like a mid-afternoon nap! (LOL)!

    ReplyDelete

Oh thank goodness! I'm not here all alone. Thanks for leaving me a comment. It helps that I'm not always talking to myself. Right? Hello?