A friend of mine sent me this e-mail just recently:
And I e-mailed her back to tell her that I understood what she meant & I really did think it was funny. While I still do, let's just peek at what the next two weeks look like for me. Actually, let me back up to Saturday.
- Left the house at 9:30am to head to a friend's for an afternoon of BBQ & Board games
- Left their at about 4:45pm to head to hubby's softball game.
- Game ended around 7:45pm & we decided to check out the drive-in. G-Force & Up were playing - we stayed for both movies.
- Arrived home around 12:30am
- I slept until about 8am in bed but had to get up due to my back. I'm having a really stiff upper back right now that is quite painful. Finally coherent & moving around 9am
- Hubby slept later....I won't tell on the blog here but it was much later!
- I left here around 11am & spent 2-1/2 hours cleaning Grandma's house. I clean my hubby's grandparents house weekly for them. They are both too elderly to do heavy cleaning (washing sheets/making bed, vacuuming, sweeping, mopping). I always get a good workout.
- Home by 1:30 - showered - changed
- Hubby & I head out to a belated anniversary celebration
- Movie & take-out (Chinese) & another movie
- Trying to get caught up on laundry (load #4 is washing now & #3 is drying - it's almost 6pm & I started at 7am)
- I had the neighbor's kids today - I'm helping them out until school starts as they both work. I have their two kids a couple times a week.
- J took a 3 hour nap...trying to catch up from the weekend I think.
- A field trip to our favorite museum - The Maine State Museum. We have to leave here around 8am & we'll be gone until about 4pm. The field trip is from 9-2.
- A meeting of our MOPS Steering Team to plan out the new year. Don't worry, I'm actually helping to close out what I did this year & give ideas for next year. I'm stepping away from MOPS.
- The possibility of another field trip at 1pm...still working on that. If not, we'll go get groceries.
- Another field trip at the LC Bates Museum - another favorite of ours. This one is on rocks. It's only 2 hours & we're going with friends.
- If I don't do my groceries on Wednesday afternoon, then I'll do them this afternoon instead.
- Miss H & Mr H will be here for the day.
- I'll be watching a friend's son for a few hours while she goes to a doc's appointment.
- N & J will be going to a birthday party
- Hubby's softball game
- We have friend's coming from Massachusetts for a visit
Monday & Tuesday:
- Most likely the neighbor kids will be here.
Wednesday & Thursday:
- Miss H & Mr H here for an overnight while their mom has surgery
- The BEST day of the month - my 2 hour pump upgrade class & I get to go LIVE at last!
Okay, so it looks like I'm a bit over scheduled, but really, this is not the normal here at all.
I have many other things on my to-do list as well. Things such as:
- Clean off the table
- Clean off the counters
- Clean off computer desk (see a theme here???)
- Sort/pull books to sell (lists upcoming!)
- Make lesson plans for the new school year
- Continue to work on TOS Crew curriculum so I can do my reviews
- Continue reading Blog Tour books so I can post my opinion on those.
- Work on presentation at the one-day homeschool workshop for August
But it always gets done. Right?
Actually, I should say here before I end, I know things are busy right now but that truly is one of the things I am working on. I know that in the next few weeks things will calm down & I'll find my routine. I'm working on the big things now. I'm figuring out those things that matter & those that can do without me at the moment. I'm learning what to day no to. But I have hope it's all going to work out just fine.