Wow, it's really hard to believe that fall is gone. It seems like just yesterday that I posted my list for the 2009 Fall Into Reading challenge. So how did I do?
Here is what I had hoped to read and notes after each as to whether I managed to finish them or not.
- Jessie by Lori Wick - completed & loved it
- Fearless: Imagine Your Life Without Fear by Max Lucado - started but still working on this one. Non-fiction is my downfall....
- The Sound of Sleigh Bells by Cindy Woodsmall (blogging for books) - completed & adored it! My review for it is here.
- Leaving Carolina by Tamara Leigh (blogging for books) - completed & liked it. My review for it is here.
- What Matters Most (book #3) by Melody Carlson (blogging for books) - completed & liked it so much I read all in this particular series & went on to find more of her books to read. I've liked most of them so far. My review of this book is here.
- Limelight by Melody Carlson (blogging for books) - completed & liked it okay but not my favorite of this authors. My review for it is here.
- White Picket Fences by Susan Meissner (blogging for books) - completed & liked it. My review is here.
- It's a Green Thing (book #2) by Melody Carlson - completed & really liked it.
- A Not-So-Simple Life (book #1) by Melody Carlson - completed & really liked it.
- The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien (reading to discuss with B13) - completed & loved it. Much better reading it as an adult. ;-)
- A Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine L'Engle (pre-reading for B13) - started but never finished.
- The Phantom Tollbooth by Norton Juster and Jules Feiffer (pre-reading for B13) - never started.
- It's All Too Much: An Easy Plan For Living a Richer Life With Less Stuff by Peter Walsh - started but never finished.
- The Successful Homeschool Family Handbook: A Creative and Stress-Free Approach to Homeschooling by Raymond and Dorothy Moore - read most but didn't finish
- Beyond Survival: A Guide to Abundant-Life Homeschooling by Diana Waring - never read.
I had a bunch of other books that I know I read but didn't make the list. I'm really such an avid reader that the challenge is more about getting me to read some non-fiction to do some learning & to find new authors.
Thanks to Katrina for hosting this yet again! I look forward to the next one!