Anyone who has ever stepped foot in my living room knows immediately that we are a family that loves books. LOVES books. They are everywhere. We live in a trailer that is 14x70 (not counting our additions). The living room is about 14x12. In that space resides over 1,000 books. It's nuts. I have two five-shelf book cases and three two-shelf bookcases and one homemade four-shelf bookcase. Like I said, we have a lot of books!
As a member of the TOS Homeschool Crew I've been reviewing a lot of various curriculum and other products this year. We were also just asked to review the Homeschool Library Builder website and what this company has to offer homeschoolers and other book lovers.
Homeschool Library Builder is run by homeschooling moms. They sell new and gently used books many of which correspond with literature based programs such as Five in a Row or Sonlight. They also have a book search feature in which they will look for hard-to-find titles for customers.
Some of the other services they offer:
· Product Marketing. This helps those who write their own products and want to spread the word on their products. This is a free service offered to our HSLB members.
· Spotlight on the Season. Links and ideas for the current season.
· Helping Hand. Helping those in need. More on that in a minute.
· Frequent Buyer Program. When a customer becomes an HSLB member (free of charge) there is an incentive programs through our book points program. Fifteen book points equals one dollar for use toward future purchases. These points never expire. Points can be earned a number of ways:
- Purchasing Books (one book point is earned for every dollar spent on books)
- Referring friends to HSLB
- Linking HSLB’s Website from the Customer’s Website or Blog
Now I need to confess something. I know this company is already familiar to me. I'm pretty sure I have ordered from them in the past...I think. Then it hit me as I started typing this review. Over the past three years I have put on a small (about 30 attending) one-day workshop for homeschoolers. I have taken to contacting vendors for catalogs and giveaways. Homeschool Library Builder generously sent discount codes for all the participants. I found that very generous.
There is a reason I wanted to get the word out tonight about Homeschool Library Builder. For the entire month of February they are offering 20% off your order. They are also asking for your help in helping Haiti. Obviously this has been all over the news lately and Homeschool Library Builder wants to help as well. They are asking for readers to donate to Heartline Ministries - any amount - by Saturday, February 6th at midnight. Then e-mail HSLB and let them know you did. They will send you a code good for an additional 15% off your order good on Super Bowl Sunday which is this Sunday - just in case you didn't realize that. The code is good ONLY for Sunday, February 7th!
The prices at Homeschool Library Builder are already very competitive. I hope this posts gives you all time to enjoy the sale as well. I know I love nothing better than curling up with a good book on a cold winter night.
Feel free to read other Crew members opinions here, here, or here. You can even check them out here or here.
*Disclaimer: I was not paid for this review. All opinions shared are my own. TOS Crew Members are given the product free of charge in exchange for our unbiased opinion of the product.